Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th February 2013, 05:26 AM   #11
amethyst201190

Quote:
Originally Posted by devm5 View Post
Hi everybody, can any one help me regarding blog posting. I am very confused what to write in my blog(you can see in my signature) as it is all about machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, an so on.

It is very difficult for me to find some good ideas so that I can write some good blog posts on this blog. As I do not want to post something similar to what I have posted earlier.

Because of this the no of visitors have also decreased to my blog, as consistency has broken.

Any help/ideas please.

Many Thanks

With just minding on your business or interest's niche, you can generate some ideas that you could write on your blog. You can have your title as a question that is related to your niche and your article will be the answer. Hope that helps !

amethyst201190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th February 2013, 03:03 AM   #12
johnmclaren

Blogging is the best part for SEO. It drives inquisitive ones to your site as the each blog ones post creates a new page of its own within the URL. Thus the Google crawlers crawl the most updated pages in the search for a particular keywords and the possibility of finding a new visitor or customer for a site is enhanced. The blogging also contains auto-pinging sites which sends an update for the blog post to various sites and thus help in creating links for a site.

johnmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 06:56 PM   #13
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmclaren View Post
Blogging is the best part for SEO. It drives inquisitive ones to your site as the each blog ones post creates a new page of its own within the URL. Thus the Google crawlers crawl the most updated pages in the search for a particular keywords and the possibility of finding a new visitor or customer for a site is enhanced. The blogging also contains auto-pinging sites which sends an update for the blog post to various sites and thus help in creating links for a site.
If one blogs correctly, it can help with SEO. Just make sure that there is no duplicate content.

Old 27th February 2013, 12:13 AM   #14
zharlene

A good way of coming up with topics is to follow the who-what-when-where-why-how method. ;-)

In your case, you've got so many keywords already: machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, etc. So you just go through the who-what-when-where-why-how method on each of these keywords.

For example: roller conveyors. Who invented it, who perfected it, who influenced it, who...

Then you move on to 'what'. E.g. What are the different types of roller conveyors available? What are the different makes/brands?

...and so on...

If you want an increase in traffic, how-to and resourceful blogs really help. Because many people searching for stuff online are looking for detailed information about a specific topic, or product.

zharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 08:14 AM   #15
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharlene View Post
A good way of coming up with topics is to follow the who-what-when-where-why-how method. ;-)

In your case, you've got so many keywords already: machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, etc. So you just go through the who-what-when-where-why-how method on each of these keywords.

For example: roller conveyors. Who invented it, who perfected it, who influenced it, who...

Then you move on to 'what'. E.g. What are the different types of roller conveyors available? What are the different makes/brands?

...and so on...

If you want an increase in traffic, how-to and resourceful blogs really help. Because many people searching for stuff online are looking for detailed information about a specific topic, or product.

That is excellent advice.

Old 11th March 2013, 02:35 AM   #16
JessicaJohn

You should post some news about your business industry or should share about the technicalities of the products you are dealing. It it not complicated or difficult you should just post what you want to post.

JessicaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 04:50 AM   #17
[email protected]

We do a few things to give us ideas for blogs:

1) Keyword analysis and keyword query tool
2) Forums - review what topics people are discussing on the forums we are active on
3) Talk to existing customers - problems or new ideas
4) New features that we are developing or releasing
5) Discuss with other site owners about topic themes they are currently running - which we write blogs for.

neil@camis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 07:45 AM   #18
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We do a few things to give us ideas for blogs:

1) Keyword analysis and keyword query tool
2) Forums - review what topics people are discussing on the forums we are active on
3) Talk to existing customers - problems or new ideas
4) New features that we are developing or releasing
5) Discuss with other site owners about topic themes they are currently running - which we write blogs for.
You can also search other peopl's blogs to see what they are writing about. This will provide ideas for writing blogs.

Old 20th March 2013, 08:19 AM   #19
[email protected]

I'd try not to copy other blogs word for word, it's useful if you can put your own spin on it and include your own experiences about a particular topic.

Old 20th March 2013, 01:37 PM   #20
AmirKhan

Lightbulb

When I started writing I was faced with the same challenge. I found that the easiest things for me to write about was topics of my interest and where I had knowledge and experience.

Once I decided on the topic/s I could write about, I then made a list:

1. Specific sub-topics that I can write that would be of interest to my audience.
2. Identify "problems" and write a "how to" articles on the sub-topics.

This should help get you started.

Good luck.

AmirKhan is offline   Reply With Quote