Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Eric S

Default Website Feedback

Hi all. I would like to get some feedback on my website. It is a Wordpress site, which i am pretty happy with. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

RoofCleaningPA.com

Eric S is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th March 2013, 04:21 AM   #2
mmorpgs

Looks fine for what you are doing. Some comments:

meta Keywords: target 6 to 8, it looks like too many right now.

Keyword density: "roof cleaning" is at 7.57% density, including the content, title, keywords and description. You may want to bring this down to around 1.5 to 3% density for "roof cleaning".

I would not make the youtube video autoplay, it can be annoying for people like myself who don't want to be interrupted by an unknown sound on an unknown tab.

Where is the call to action? Usually users look first in the top left of a website, which is a good place for "rates" or contact us/schedule an appointment. You want them to easily see where to go to "order" your service.

Just my 2 cents / opinion =D

mmorpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 05:40 AM   #3
[email protected]

I'd try to include spaces between the text paragraphs as it looks a little difficult to read.

Agree with the comments about stopping the videos from autoplaying

I'd put testimonials on the home page, but keep them brief.

Pictures of the person making the testimonial can help too.

I'd try and do more previews on your gallery in time so it's not just a list of text links.

Very good site though, particularly with the use of videos.

neil@camis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Eric S

Thanks I will work on it.

Old 20th March 2013, 09:05 PM   #5
AmirKhan

Lightbulb

Eric,

The site looks good.

Just a comment that you may want to pay special attention to the content above the fold. Meaning as your page loads in the browser window, the most important information should be visible on the screen (don't expect people to scroll down for all the details)

Regards,

AmirKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 04:22 AM   #6
jamest1

The site looks good Eric. One thing that I noticed is that it loads a bit slow for me. Also some of the red text seems hard to read.

Hope it helps.

-James

Old 7th April 2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Eric S

Thanks James! What browser are you using.

Old 10th April 2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Handdy.com

The site looks good
But there is too much red text that attracts the eye
So not sure which one I should click at

Old 12th April 2013, 11:37 AM   #9
EricB
VIP Contributor

I agree with Handdy.com, there is a bit too much red text. Maybe try either limiting the number of links on the home page or changing the link color.

I would personally recommend removing some of the links. I like the idea of having the links to the different pages like: cedar shakes or slate roof shingles. But think about what you really want someone on your website to do. You want them to contact you for a Free Estimate. Your Free Estimate button is not as noticeable as some of your other links. I would move the Free Estimate button to the top of the page above the video and maybe change the color to green. If someone visits your home page and clicks the roof coating link there are a lot of videos which if they watch them all it's about 7 minutes. A lot of distractions can happen in 7 minutes. I love that you have that much content on your site, that will help a lot with SEO and looking like the expert on Roofing, but I would recommend making easy to get a Free Estimate then to learn more about different shingles and roof cleaning techniques.

One last thing, I obviously don't fully understand your business needs, but for the free estimate form I would recommend only collecting the information you fully need. If for the free estimate you don't need to know the address I would recommend collecting it after the phone call or email free estimate. People are more will to give less information then more.

I hope this helps!

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 12:44 PM   #10
ahoopes

Looks good. I would add a forum on the first page for the free estimate. So I would include three lines: ask for their name and email address and phone number. Then you can contact them immediately via email. The benefit of the web form on the front page is lead capturing. Even if they don't buy immediately you can start sending them a nice automated campaign that either educates, empowers or entertains!