Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th July 2005, 12:20 PM   #1
Robert
Administrator

Default Print Priority Mail Postage from PayPal

I just saw this notice while logging in to PayPal. It may not be new, but it was new to me:

"The U.S. Postal Service lets you fill a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box (70 lb. limit) for only $7.70 USD and mail it anywhere in the U.S.a great value for sellers! And you can pay for postage and print labels on demand with PayPal. Learn more at the PayPal Shipping Center."

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th July 2005, 03:27 PM   #2
Paul Martin

Default PayPal Shipping

Yeah, I forgot to mention it but that was actually the last product I was manager on before I left PayPal. It's actually been up and live for 2 1/2 years or so now. For any domestic "goods" transaction you receive through PayPal, a "Ship" button will appear next to that transaction in your log. Click that button, and then you can ship your goods via either USPS or UPS.

The USPS shipping interface is run through an API with "Click n Ship" (the USPS.com product), but it works much more smoothly and the postage comes straight out of your PayPal account.

The only things we don't ship using PayPal Shipping in our business are international orders, which we still have to fill out the customs forms and go down to the post office to mail.

- Paul

Paul Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 04:07 PM   #3
pete
VIP Contributor

You need to you the genuine USPS Flat Rate Boxes. They will send them to you free if you order at http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/po...sp?OID=4849213

There are 2 sizes. Click around a bit and you can find the other.

One suggestion, but you do have to leave PayPal. Stamps.com has an arrangement with on insurance company with much lower rates than the USPS insurance rates.

pete is offline   Reply With Quote