Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th December 2010, 06:32 PM   #1
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Ads Clicking>>>real Or Fake????

I have received a mail regarding about clicking an ad. It says that they will pay you $1 per click you've made and you have to make a registration before you can do this.. Is this some kind of a scam or something that I should pay attention too?

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th December 2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Domestic Diva

I'm not for sure about the peice of mail you were sent,but there are alot of companies that will invite you to put their ad on ur site.Once the ad is uo and someone clicks on it then you will get paid from it.Hope this helps!

Domestic Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Candice Robins

This sounds scammy. One company that can put ads on your site and pay you for clicks is Google... and there are other really legitimate companies doing it to. They don't need to send you emails because webmasters come to them. If the email was talking about clicking on other people's ads, they could be trying to get you to help them with click-fraud. Maybe not, but this sounds too good to be true. If you decide to register, make sure they don't ask for anything like credit card numbers or even cell phone number - a lot of these scams make money by billing your credit card or setting up text messaging you end up paying for.

Old 16th December 2010, 06:32 PM   #4
habeeb24

Hi,

It is absolutely spam. I too have received many emails as like you and i suggest never go for it.

ThanX!

habeeb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:10 PM   #5
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

So how will I know the real one??

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:17 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

You aren't, because there are not real ones. Anyone paying you to click on ads is junk.

You can make money by having ads on your site (Adsense).

Old 18th December 2010, 09:10 PM   #7
standoutonline

Default Scam-spam

I'd also concur that that is spam mail. Unless you requested information, if you received an email from someone trying to offer you something- especially when it comes to the web and online marketing, chances are they are trying to make money off you. I'd move it to your junk folder and move on!

standoutonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:56 AM   #8
daveb1
VIP Contributor

ad clicking payouts are legit but i havent heard of $1 per click payout. usually they pay as little as 0.01 or 0.02 per click and you cant really profit much from it with all the other terms included.

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 03:42 AM   #9
skatersollie

Default $1 buck? wow where can i find that offer?

Think it's a total scam...There is no way someone would pay you $1 buck to just click on ads...I understand them paying you a $1 if you convert them, but not for just click on ads...yeah like someone else said here average is like maybe .02 per click. However, I know a lot of companies willing to shell out the dough as high as $50 bucks, but again there would have to be conversion... usually high ticket items....debt settlement...etc...Check out click bank...

skatersollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Johnkarner

They don't need to send you emails because webmasters come to them. If the email was talking about clicking on other people's ads, they could be trying to get you to help them with click-fraud. Maybe not, but this sounds too good to be true.

Johnkarner is offline   Reply With Quote