Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th October 2016, 01:05 AM   #1
Vanessa Morgan

Default Payment Gateway For Ecommerce

My friends and I are conceptualizing an ecommerce site and would like to ask your opinions on what payment gateway is the best? we are thinking of Worldpay and Paypal, but would like to hear what others would suggest.

Vanessa Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:51 PM   #2
Johnbolton
VIP Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

My opinion is paypal is best.

But you can also refer this link
http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.u...dpay-work.html

Johnbolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 01:28 AM   #3
NeilD

If you are just starting out then Paypal is a good option. The rates are reasonable and it is very easy to set up.

Also a lot of the banks will try to lock you in to a long term deal while Paypal doesn't have any break clauses.

Old 23rd October 2016, 10:25 PM   #4
Vida Rinaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Morgan View Post
My friends and I are conceptualizing an ecommerce site and would like to ask your opinions on what payment gateway is the best? we are thinking of Worldpay and Paypal, but would like to hear what others would suggest.

For an e-commerce application service provider, you may consider the following: For a beginner you may try Paypal. Otherwise, you could check about others like Stripe, TSYs or Worldpay.

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 08:17 AM   #5
Vanessa Morgan

Paypal is good but I don't want to limit my customers to only those have it. I want to give my customers more payment options. I'm okay with a lock-in period but about how long are we talking about?
And thanks for the suggestions. I checked them out, Viva. And TSys looks the best one among them. I'd have to do more research though.

Vanessa Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 07:14 PM   #6
[email protected]

Default Payment options

Hi Vanessa, my site offers various payment options but "Paypal" is the recommended method however, in the world of e-commerce, patrons prefer choice. I suggest you look into email transfers- it's direct to your acct and eliminates the middle-man. Also, take a look at some of the "known" payment options to include into your site, it doesnt mean comsumers will use them but it will give them options. good luck.

Bidmart@bidmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:15 PM   #7
pekinwebguy

Paypal is certainly the best, but options I offer my customer also include Stripe and Western Union.

I know WU isn't quite e-commerce friendly but it's the safest way if you do business with folks in high-risk countries.

Stripe is great for direct cc processing, doesnt cost anything to start. They've also improved their fraud management tools to help you identify potential problems with transactions.

pekinwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 01:29 AM   #8
jackparker

Default RE: Payment Gateway For Ecommerce

Hi,

PayPal, Stripe Payment and Authorize.NET are the best option for payment method suitable for your eCommerce website.

Thanks,
Jack

jackparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 05:57 AM   #9
urbansoft
VIP Contributor

Smile

Hi,

How can we integrate payment gateway for New ecommerce website. Kindly share the exact detail...

Old 11th April 2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Dottie

We use Stripe and it's been great so far. The experience is seamless and you can accept all major CCs from anywhere in the world!

Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote