Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th August 2014, 04:39 AM   #101
herryking112

Small Business Owners: Use Google+ to generate and convert leads, build buzz, and deliver flat-out unbeatable service and support! World-renowned Google+ marketing expert (and small businessperson) Lynette Young helps you target the specific tasks that’ll deliver the greatest and most immediate returns, and execute on a tiny (make that non-existent) budget, even if you have practically no technical expertise.

No huge corporate case studies here: This is 100% do-it-yourself, ridiculously easy, fast, and cheap! Goals, objectives, strategies, tactics: They’re all here, all streamlined for your real-world small business. Discover how to listen, search, and scope out your Google+

herryking112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th August 2014, 10:13 AM   #102
Book In Essence

Lightbulb

I made a Google+ account because I had to. It's very odd because I absolutely can't stand the platform, but I feel it's a necessity if you ever want to be found online.

Old 14th August 2014, 02:58 PM   #103
Hyper

In my experience, using google + is very related to good rankings. At first I had only a google bussiness page, than I made a new page for every domain I own. There more you are active on google plus more better rankings you get.

Old 17th September 2014, 03:02 AM   #104
ashleywoodliff

I think that google+ isn't neccesary to run your page there, it's very unreadable and I guess nobody cares about what is goin on right there

ashleywoodliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 12:32 PM   #105
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywoodliff View Post
I think that google+ isn't neccesary to run your page there, it's very unreadable and I guess nobody cares about what is goin on right there
Then you would be seriously mistaken. Google+ IS Google.

As Google's Matt Cutts has said: "Ignore Google+ and Google (search) will ignore YOU."

Ed Dale got it right in this prophetic article more than 2 years ago:
http://www.eddale.co/apple/a-pig-just-flew-buy-and-hes-belting-out-hollywood-nights

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 12:22 AM   #106
AHarris555

Send a message via Skype™ to AHarris555
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike12 View Post
Here's an article that might be of value, its geared to small businesses that aren't on Google+ and are wondering about whether they should be. I wrote it in part based on what I learned doing marketing research for my business. There are lots of social options right now, its difficult to decide where to invest limited time and resources. http://bit.ly/JoklVF
Thanks a lot. If any of you want to read what real traffic is all about, you can check my blog at http://www.yourtraffichits.com

Good luck!

AHarris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 12:13 PM   #107
MichaelXH

Saying Google+ is irrelevant is ignorant. Google loves Google+, it loves +1's, and that alone makes Google+ relevant to anyone who uses Google. Which is everyone.

I don't think Google+ is as straightforward as other social networks, though. Or maybe we're just not as familiar with it.

Let's get specific, though. Does anyone have much experience with the official small business community on G+? Interested in your thoughts & experiences.

MichaelXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 09:38 PM   #108
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow Google+ is not really a social network

Michael, one of the main reasons why people become confused by Google+ is the common perception that it was created as a social network to compete with Facebook, etc.

It wasn't.

Google+ is an integration of everything Google… and that includes some aspects that could be considered social networking, but that’s not why it exists.

The best analysis I've read on Google+ (including Google NOW) was an article written by Ed Dale, way back in 2012. I just re-read it at the weekend and it’s still the best — and most incisive — assessment I’ve seen yet.

http://www.eddale.co/apple/a-pig-just-flew-buy-and-hes-belting-out-hollywood-nights

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 10:45 AM   #109
MichaelXH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingDoctor View Post
Michael, one of the main reasons why people become confused by Google+ is the common perception that it was created as a social network to compete with Facebook, etc.

It wasn't.

Google+ is an integration of everything Google… and that includes some aspects that could be considered social networking, but that’s not why it exists.

The best analysis I've read on Google+ (including Google NOW) was an article written by Ed Dale, way back in 2012. I just re-read it at the weekend and it’s still the best — and most incisive — assessment I’ve seen yet.

Yes exactly... Google+ is Google+, not Facebook. They're competing with all sorts of sites from Yelp to Bing -- and sure, Facebook also, but that's a given considering Google and Facebook are two of the biggest web titans that want a hand everywhere.

G+ has evolved though, it was at least initially marketed as a Facebook alternative. I don't know if that's what they were going for or if they just wanted to build up hype and get people to sign up, riding a constant wave of anti-Facebook feelings. Who knows?

MichaelXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 01:13 AM   #110
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

Google+ is one of the best social Media website to promote your business. You can get relevant traffic to your website.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote