Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th June 2005, 12:20 AM   #1
business ideas

Default website review please www.allhomebasedbusinessideas.com

Hi everyone
would you give me your thoughts on the site
www.allhomebasedbusinessideas.com

thanks
Jose

business ideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th June 2005, 08:17 AM   #2
jmjj215
VIP Contributor

Just one tip, maybe two.

I would try and make your ads merge a bit more with your website. They jump out at me - which lets me know they're ads, which makes me not click them - for the most part.

You might try some appropriate pictures to give your site a bit more of a personal feel.

jmjj215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Jamison

It's not a very "attractive" site. I mean, sure, it has A LOT of information which is great, but I'm not sure how long a user would stay.

You should really try to design a site that is both captivating and informative. To me, it is just a lot of text/links... and when I click on one, I see just more text.

Design a nice site that is functional. Break the links into common groups if possible (the only time someone should see all the links in alphabetical order is when they click on an index of some kind). Then clean up the aricles by adding some pictures. Should someone click on selling Books for example, have an image of um... BOOKS.

I think it needs a lot of work, but you have the hardest part done, the content. From there, get creative and figure out whether or not YOU, personally, would stay on that site.

If you want to continually improve your site, add a comments box on a page that outputs to your email. Let visitors tell you what they like and dislike... even say they are entered into a monthly drawing and give away something every month (shirt, book, whatever).

Just some thoughts.

Jamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2005, 12:48 AM   #4
sarahk

Send a message via ICQ to sarahk Send a message via AIM to sarahk Send a message via Yahoo to sarahk

What's with all the </div> tags at the bottom?

I'd look at adding some text at the top, an intro type of thing explaining the site. And some subtle color

I'd also look at dropping the some of the text from the page names and maybe putting a - between the keywords

eg: /allhomebasedbusinessideas-startingagiftbasketbusiness.htm

should be just

/gift-basket-business.htm

the rest is just noise

good luck

Sarah

sarahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2005, 03:10 AM   #5
fairdoes
VIP Contributor

Default Appearance ...

I agree with all the above posts, there's loads of content, but it reads too much like a list (which could be split into sections) and the pure white background is hard on the eyesight eventually. Even light blue (like this site) or a very plain tiled background image is a huge improvement.

fairdoes is offline   Reply With Quote