Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th July 2013, 01:50 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Creative Ideas For Small Business Social Media Marketing

If you are a small business owner you’ll inevitably face the challenge of creating and maintaining your presence in social media. Social media presence is a must to promote your business and stay in touch with your customers. However, people will not find you and won’t follow you in social media if you don’t have regularly updated content – you have to communicate with your customers regularly and find the ways to engage them.

Services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus offer you a great chance to promote your business through social media. You can even do this without a dedicated website as social networking sites offer you a surface to carry your content themselves. You just need to fill these channels with engaging content and this may require some time, and of course, resources.

The most important question is what to write and update about. This may be the most demanding part of the job because as an average business owner, you may not be prepared for creative tasks. As for the writing and updating, it is a good idea to look for the help of professionals or find someone in your staff who is familiar with writing. The ideas described below can help you come up with compelling content for your social media channels.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...ial-marketing/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th July 2013, 01:42 AM   #2
bookluver321

Default Thanks for the helpful hints

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for your helpful tips. It is true. A lot of people think that simply having a website is the most important thing they can do for their business. Unless they have some way to drive people to their website, it is just a waste of time. That is why social media sites such as facebook and twitter are so extremely important.

bookluver321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 08:37 AM   #3
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookluver321 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for your helpful tips. It is true. A lot of people think that simply having a website is the most important thing they can do for their business. Unless they have some way to drive people to their website, it is just a waste of time. That is why social media sites such as facebook and twitter are so extremely important.
So true. I think what happens sometimes is that people think all they have to do is set up the website or the social media accounts and all the new customers wil start coming. The truth is it takes quite a bit of work.

LGCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 01:20 PM   #4
bethw

A mention of your company in the right media can help deliver your marketing message in a low-cost manner. Also building alliances with other small businesses will be fruitful.

bethw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 09:27 PM   #5
platnumcn

I also agree with Angel on the tip. However, Its not just about social media marketing, but everything related to SEO, which needs consistent effort and help from experts in the industry. I feel that you need to have content uploaded everywhere (forums or blogs) on a regular basis, if you are to get any kind of impact from your marketing move.

platnumcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 07:45 AM   #6
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumcn View Post
I feel that you need to have content uploaded everywhere (forums or blogs) on a regular basis, if you are to get any kind of impact from your marketing move.
True. You want to make sure to spread out your content. From an SEO perspective, a diverse number of links is a very good thing.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:53 AM   #7
chrismarklee

It takes tons of work on Facebook to generate business. I spend at least 1 hour each day on Facebook sending locals messages to add me as a friend. I wish people happy birthday and great family pictures. Plus i do income taxes so I share articles on income taxes to my friends.

Old 22nd July 2013, 03:48 AM   #8
mindfires

Send a message via Skype™ to mindfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBiz View Post
If you are a small business owner you’ll inevitably face the challenge of creating and maintaining your presence in social media. Social media presence is a must to promote your business and stay in touch with your customers. However, people will not find you and won’t follow you in social media if you don’t have regularly updated content – you have to communicate with your customers regularly and find the ways to engage them.

Services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus offer you a great chance to promote your business through social media. You can even do this without a dedicated website as social networking sites offer you a surface to carry your content themselves. You just need to fill these channels with engaging content and this may require some time, and of course, resources.

The most important question is what to write and update about. This may be the most demanding part of the job because as an average business owner, you may not be prepared for creative tasks. As for the writing and updating, it is a good idea to look for the help of professionals or find someone in your staff who is familiar with writing. The ideas described below can help you come up with compelling content for your social media channels.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...ial-marketing/
Nice, short and very well crafted article. Thanks for sharing this!

mindfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 10:43 AM   #9
OlegLola

Nowadays a lot of business owners still hesitate about the usage of SMM. But according to my experience I should say – don't. We must use every opportunity in order to gain results. And Social Media Marketing is too great tool to loose it.

OlegLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 09:35 AM   #10
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegLola View Post
Nowadays a lot of business owners still hesitate about the usage of SMM. But according to my experience I should say – don't. We must use every opportunity in order to gain results. And Social Media Marketing is too great tool to loose it.
I think by now most business owners realize how important social media is, but they are usually hesitant to get started as they feel they won't have the time, wouldn't know what to post, how to do it etc.