Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th March 2013, 05:52 AM   #1
lmoaceySus

Default How Can I Grow My Locksmith Buisness

Hey i have a small business of locksmith in NJ , USA, but i'm not getting a good profit in my business also i want to grow my business but i dnt know how can i grow it and make profit from it. anyone knows about it or have some ideas plzz suggest me through your replies..

lmoaceySus is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th March 2013, 08:59 AM   #2
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Growing your business takes time. Do you have a website? Have you been using online advertising?

Old 8th March 2013, 09:28 AM   #3
comdevsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
Growing your business takes time. Do you have a website? Have you been using online advertising?
If you have website then you can promote your website online and then you can get traffic on your website. It will increase your online business.

comdevsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 09:34 AM   #4
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by comdevsmith View Post
If you have website then you can promote your website online and then you can get traffic on your website. It will increase your online business.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Also set up a Facebook page for your company. Take photos of your work. Like helping people who locked their keys in the car. You can promote your work on Facebook.

Old 13th March 2013, 09:30 PM   #5
hostking

If you don't have a website and aren't in local online directories like Google Local and Yelp, that's going to be your best bet. Simply put, Yellow Pages is becoming more and more outdated every day and everyone seems to be turning to their smartphones for answers. If you're not online, I suggest you get there as soon as possible.

hostking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 11:57 AM   #6
comdevsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking. Also set up a Facebook page for your company. Take photos of your work. Like helping people who locked their keys in the car. You can promote your work on Facebook.
Yes you are right. Social media website are the best way to get the traffice on your website.

comdevsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 12:53 PM   #7
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by comdevsmith View Post
Yes you are right. Social media website are the best way to get the traffice on your website.
It seems that brilliant minds think alike.

Now, the op, just need to figure out which social media network is best for his or her locksmith business.

Old 15th March 2013, 02:30 PM   #8
voyska

Default Promote a small coupon or savings

Offer something for FREE, use a coupon. People really like getting a discount and people will seek out the best price. Use that to your advantage. Create a coupon or a flyer and include an offer. Then promote it every where you can. On your FB, Twitter, G+, Craigslist, CiteAds, Oodle, Ebay Classifieds... You get the point. Its all free to use these services. I can throw a flyer together for you, for free of course.

voyska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 05:38 PM   #9
poet2401

What level of your business now?

poet2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:49 AM   #10
ahoopes

How long have you been in business?
How many clients on average are you working with each month?
How many employees do you have?
What is your web address?

With some of the above information it will make it a bit easier to offer advice.

ahoopes is offline   Reply With Quote