Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th May 2012, 07:07 AM   #31
enterprisepe

Thanks for starting this thread - I have been wondering the same thing.

enterprisepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:49 PM   #32
PremOutshine

As we know that, content play a key role. Without content SEO becomes reslly tough. Where to focus at? Well, you can focus on images or some really important keywords. That might help you.

PremOutshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 01:24 AM   #33
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

I do agree that it's hard to do SEO without content, since Google looks at the quality of content first. Keywords and META tags can help here, but you might find yourself competing with other services related to yours. Unless your website falls into a unique category, then you will reap the lion share of the traffic.

I think submitting your back link to social bookmarking, directory and/or press release sites can help you build links. Or you can try Social Media Optimization (SMO). Engage in FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. to attract prospects and redirect them to your website.

PPC is somewhat faster but you need a dollar to pay for each ad clicked.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 06:57 PM   #34
EricB
VIP Contributor

Since starting this thread, one of the main things I've down was start a blog. It was difficult to think of topics to write about at first, but what we now do it write about the newest features or functionality of our product. This has helped us increase our content and also our rankings on different words we weren't actively optimizing for.

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 02:01 AM   #35
Ulriikkasmith

Could you tell what is the page rank currently you are getting by google on your website? And one thing more as i am starting my own website which page rank software will be appropriate for me?

Ulriikkasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 07:59 AM   #36
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Non-content SEO is a different school of thought altogether.It says even great content is nothing much with proper optimisation.With content alone being insufficient to compete in the top SERPs,people employ other tactics to boost their traffic.Some techniques include:
-Acquiring inbound links from web pages with high PR value
-Tailoring the anchor text of hyperlinks to emphasise keywords
-Arranging navigation structure and linking methods to maximise PR value in your site
-Paying to list or advertise your site with search engines, portals and so on.
However,as you would expect,there are limitations to which you can go with non-content SEO and term it as spamming:
-Keyword stuffing
-Duplicating content on different pages so as to gain multiple SERP (search engine rank position)
-Creating misleading cloaked or doorway pages which distorts the true content of the website.

Old 14th June 2013, 02:19 PM   #37
TheSeoProz

I see two distinct issues with your plan.

The first one is without content, what will you offer that people want to link too? You see, content marketing is all the craze, but people forget why that is the case. You create contend or resources to encourage people to naturally want to link to your site.

The second issue is this; if you do not offer blogs or other content related to your free offering, why would people want to opt in and access the other information?

I suggest that you take some time to brainstorm and ask yourself:

Who does this service help?
Where could I target them?
What other sites or companies would like what I am offering?

This should give you some ideas of what to post on your blog.

Travis

TheSeoProz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 08:17 AM   #38
Jessicacis

After this humming bird update one must more concentrate on the content strategy. If you have not much content on your website then add a blog and update it on the regular basis.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 09:38 AM   #39
Murray Cowell

I think that if you want visibility, you can definitely go with social media and just share things that are relevant both from your business perspective and also your customers' perspective. Maybe some affiliate marketing could also do the trick, and regarding a blog, you only need a blog post a week, or even rarer than that on topics that touch your area of expertise.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

Murray Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 11:38 PM   #40
Matthew Anton

Great question! Content marketing is often over hyped and misunderstood. If you are a plumber servicing certain counties in New Jersey, most end user clients want to see a professional website, some about us information, pictures, testimonials, contact information.

Rarely will they read your blog on why you think the "insert product here" is best for certain jobs.

In this case I would take the approach of pure "paid" type link building and social network signals, whereas you pay for X, versus hoping your content goes viral, i.e. paid press releases, video creation / marketing, article marketing, real guest posts, social network signals, etc.

Matthew Anton is offline   Reply With Quote