Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2011, 05:42 AM   #11
shah123456

Default Names on cities.

It depends upon the preference and the quantity of places you are targeting. If the scope is vast then it will be better to have separate dedicated pages.

shah123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th November 2011, 03:58 AM   #12
Rosey

Find area related keywords and use them in your meta tag description and try to target area related keywords on your websites

Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 03:32 PM   #13
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdorland View Post
It may help a lot to do some keyword research to find out which city/town names are searched most often along with your main product/service keywords.

For example, let's say I own a doggy daycare in Kansas City (one of my real clients). Kansas City, like most big cities, is made up of lots of towns/cities. Since my realistic "market" is limited to a certain geographic area, I might focus my SEO efforts on a few cities. Keyword research would then tell me that "doggy daycare Overland Park" (a city within KC) is by far the most searched term.

Translating that to your website, it would behoove me to actually create a seperate page with content dedicated to that keyword and city. Maybe a few other cities are also being searched frequently. I would want to create seperate pages for each city. This technique will give you much more traction in the search engines.

If nothing else, keyword research helps you prioritize your optimization efforts and you may find that no one is searching for your product/service in certain cities. This is good to know so you don't waste time optimizing for a certain city...

There are lots of keyword research tools out there. Google's Keyword Research tool is decent (and free).

I hope that helps!

Great job bro! You said it right, and Google Keyword tool is a very helpful tool for us.

Old 12th December 2011, 09:38 AM   #14
Tripbuilder

meta tag is more important as it going to display in SERP. and you add keywords 5 or 10 its not going to display so prefect description going to work more effectively.

Tripbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 12:03 PM   #15
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
yes!
You should include your small city name in your Title, description and meta tags also. It will specify your business and site as wall

Old 16th December 2011, 12:02 AM   #16
numeric

You can find out what keywords your website is searched for through the Google keyword tool, Semrush or Alexa.com… You can find the usual queries or keywords typed in by users that bring them to your site in the first place.
Bunching up the small city names in keywords, meta tags and description in the front page can be tedious – and would not be as effective as making a DIFFERENT PAGE for each city.
Researching on the modified keyword first, with city name or product keyword modifier- like “low cost landscaping service in Atkinson Nebraska” before doing anything to your site will help you save time in creating additional pages for your site.