Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd December 2011, 03:01 PM   #1
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
Default Diamond Bar California

Hi friends,

I have a problem for last couple of days i want to go on local level of "Diamond Bar California" for some business purpose in respect of search engine marketing, but the problem is that i don't have proper way to start it, i mean like local directories, and other local information about it. so what you guys suggest me to reach at local level of "Diamond Bar California" if you guys have any or any working strategy then let me tall

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th December 2011, 08:17 PM   #2
numeric

Diamond Bar is a relatively small city in California so it’s not going to be that difficult for you to go up the ranks of the search engine page. You can try out keyword combinations like “diamond bar + keywords related to your business“. Let us know how it works for you.

-numeric

Old 8th December 2011, 11:29 AM   #3
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
I have done it and add diamond bar in keywords but my point is that have you any other idea to increase local traffic on my website.

If any body have any idea then please tell me.

Old 9th December 2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Google Places and Yahoo Local are important. Beyond that the best route I've found is to search. Do a search of [diamond bar directories] and you'll find a lot of directories that are relevant. Then try [diamond bar directory] and other variations for example.

I suspect the reality is that there are probably only a few if any specific to the area and most are going to be larger directories with a category for Diamond Bar.

As you search notice which websites are listed in the Diamond Bar category then do a backlink search of those websites to see who links to them. That may give you some additional ideas.

Old 9th December 2011, 11:09 AM   #5
daveb1
VIP Contributor

Also make sure you are listed on places like Yelp and Bing Local. You may also want to try and throw a few ads on the closest craigslist city. Are there any local free newspapers you could put an add into?What about running a direct mail campaign in your area? Also see if there are active bloggers or Tweeters in the area that may be able to give you air time. Look at some of the other more successful local businesses are advertising and follow some of there leads. Good luck. What type of business are you trying to advertise?

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 01:52 AM   #6
sosalindsay

Yes you can search the directories of the same city and place and than you can list your site with keyword , address and also post one backlink , i think it will help you a lot to increase traffic on you page.

sosalindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 04:48 AM   #7
johnbekham

[quote=daveb1;159103]Also make sure you are listed on places like Yelp and Bing Local. You may also want to try and throw a few ads on the closest craigslist city. Are there any local free newspapers you could put an add into?What about running a direct mail campaign in your area? Also see if there are active bloggers or Tweeters in the area that may be able to give you air time. [quote]

Great tips , very useful info...

johnbekham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 08:12 PM   #8
northpass523

You can definitely work with Google Adwords to make localized ad campaigns.

northpass523 is offline   Reply With Quote