Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2010, 04:17 AM   #11
jamesparker100

Hi thank you all for your precious comments and suggestion regarding website.
I am working on it for the last 1 year or so. It is a joint effort of me and my friend.
I will update according to your suggestions, Thanx once again..
Regards

Old 22nd June 2010, 10:12 AM   #12
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Whenever, (I was slightly successful on Ebay, $6,000 p/t) I see somebody attempt a site as auction, I wonder why they don't have major desirable inventory, and/or a good following already pumping-out solid lead on Ebay.

Then, they could systematically shift inventory and email referrals to new site for immediate action, with the bidding process.

I would also think that having several opt-ins to grab visitors would be very interesting; and this would definitely help-out before they were to slip into something else, online.

Old 23rd June 2010, 03:03 AM   #13
johnpaul007

Very simple site with good colors. So try some seo in it

johnpaul007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:21 AM   #14
tradeshowdesign

Default Something to Try

Purely from a design standpoint, I would try making the background container of each item white instead of the light blue you have now. This would do two things. First it would look better with all the images that have white backgrounds and make them look cut out. Second, it would make the whole website a little brighter, which I think would be beneficial. If you don't like it you could always change it back, but as a professional designer, I think it would help.

Old 27th July 2010, 12:42 PM   #15
umerbcool

The website design is good, but since you posted it in seo section i am assuming that you also want a review related to SEO. One thing, your URL's are not optimized they should have your targeted keyword or the product name in them.

umerbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 12:08 AM   #16
llmm

good site, Background should be undertone,such blue is too harsh.i think.

llmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 08:50 AM   #17
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmarcus View Post
Remove the word "AN" from your title on your home page and remember to include a descriptive, keyword-filled title on all pages. One page just says bid66. Titles should reflect what you want to be found on search engines at, company name is NOT a requirement. I'll do a full evaluation later tonight, working on a project now. oh, also, change graphics names to better reflect what the graphic is. A WII bundle with a name of "thumb_1260028129_wiibundle.jpg" is not going to be found on an image search. Try renaming that one to wii_bundle_thumb.jpg. Google reads underscores and dashes as spaces.
I agree to "bradmarcus" and "tradeshowdesign". The suggestion for images is very important to apply because the page contains many images. So using the name like "thumb_1260028129_wiibundle.jpg" for images will not work. The color combination of website is making it dull and compact. So change it to give boarder appearance.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 11:46 AM   #18
jsesic

Code, code, code ... that is what I noticed first with the site. Look into best practices for coding when it comes to SEO. I see a lot of JS and CSS in the document itself, these should all be moved to a separate SINGLE file (one for JS and one for CSS). Clean up that so it makes the page read easier when being crawled by googlebot and so on.

I think the look and functionality of the site is nice, but I would work on getting that code cleaned up a bit, that is one of the first things I always recommend when getting started on the path of healthy SEO performance.

jsesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 07:56 AM   #19
robert24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesparker100 View Post
I am working on a website relevant to online bidding and online auction. It is very simple in use still I need your precious suggestions to improve it.

http://www.bid66.com

Thanks…
its awesome great site gud congrats!!!

robert24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 02:11 PM   #20
Melva

The site is very nice. I think it is easy on the eyes. Good luck with it.