Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th August 2015, 08:53 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Is Social Media The Answer For All Small Business Marketing Needs?

Social media marketing gets a lot of attention in the business world. With Facebook expanding to over a billion users and Pinterest traffic growing and growing it is easy to believe that all marketing is online these days. This is just not true.

When thinking about other forms of marketing to promote a business, itís a good idea to consider what type of marketing suits the business best. Where are the potential customers hanging out? What do they read? What do they look at? Where do their interests lie? Position the business in the right locations and it doesnít have to be too expensive once one gets creative.

Here are some ideas on how to use forms of marketing other than social media to promote a business:

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...mall-business/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th October 2015, 01:59 AM   #2
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

thanks for providing such informative article to us, Thanks again for sharing with us...

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 01:31 AM   #3
metricbuzz88

If you ask me the question,
Is Social Media The Answer For All Small Business Marketing Needs?

May be I say YES... If you say NO then your business is not suitable for online (or) you are lying (or) you don't know how to do local SMO.

Watch this video: The Guy kawasaki tells you what you can do with social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZCDGBnC058

metricbuzz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 05:39 AM   #4
Brynn Thorne

For those who are just starting with their business social media is the cheapest way to market your business. It's free and can reach a number of individuals depending on your network. I for one gained a lot of customers by using my social media accounts.

Brynn Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 04:23 AM   #5
SaraMartine

Social media will be the most important factor in digital marketing in 2016. Social media marketing is the best way to promote your business or products. You have taken good efforts and put all the necessary information regarding social media marketing.

SaraMartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 07:15 AM   #6
graceamantha

Social media plays a major role in the recent trends. It is the best way to promote your business and get benefit in a short time, as social media creates more awareness to people in today's world. And it is quite easy to promote in social media not only for small business but for all..

graceamantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 01:46 PM   #7
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

I agree with article. The other questions in the post are the key to the answer for your business. Social media marketing is not the answer for "all" small businesses. Many, yes. The majority, maybe. All, not a chance.

An online business does not necessarily mean social media is the best marketing avenue to travel. If you think I'm lying, be my guest. You need to find out for yourself if it is or isn't.

Watching a Guy Kawasaki speech doesn't make you a social media marketing guru. If it did, you'd have a few more than 300 Facebook likes and 75 followers on Twitter by now. You'd have comments, shares and retweets on pretty much every post. I have a favorite saying: Show me, don't tell me.

If you've seen good results using social media, please share the details on how you did it. What worked and what didn't? Why do you think you got those results. What channels (platforms) did you use and why?

Revisit the original post. Answer all the questions and test your hypothesis for each. Because after all, your answers are worthless until you prove them based on factual evidence. Test, test, test and review the results.

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 04:33 AM   #8
Ola Rybacka

I think usin social media to promote your small business is one of the best solutions. Why?
- because mos of the people are using Internet and social media, so it's really easy to find your potential customers there,
- this is less annoying form of promotion than e.g. leaflets or calls from call centres,
- you can speak directly with your customer, know their needs, their opinions and habits, so it will let you adjust your product more effective.

Ola Rybacka is offline   Reply With Quote