Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st May 2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Victor196

Default Would You Accept Credit Card Processing Help?

Hello everybody. My grocery store went out of business last year, but credit card processing knowledge (especially pricing) is still with me. Itís become my hubby, my passion. I created excel spreadsheets that allow me to calculate all necessary numbers for any business in minutes.

I'd like to mention that my knowledge is different from most business owners because I was lucky to learn from industry top executive managers. I was able to minimize cost of my processing when business was running and helped a few friends too.

Iím looking to convert this situation into some income and come up with idea to provide consulting services (merchant account management) directly to business owners. I will show you how to win this game, can win it for you or together with you, anyway you prefer.

There is no pricing structure for this service yet. Iím planning to build reputation and good, trustable name. It will take a while. For now you decide time and size of compensation. There are no contracts, no obligations, and no surprises. Itís not necessary to provide any sensitive information.

Iím not a salesman and will never ask you to switch service provider. If you decide to do so, my job is to help you negotiate best terms and avoid mistakes with new provider of your choice. I also will calculate cost and savings, so you can make informed decision.

So, what do you think?

Old 10th August 2012, 04:22 AM   #2
jazzalbart

Yes, I'm using credit card processing services first time so it would be my pleasure to learn about it. Anyways whatever you share till now was worth sharing for me. Thanks

jazzalbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 08:56 PM   #3
CrossCountry2

Hey Victor, does your proposal still makes sense if your potential client includes your fees into the final numbers?

Meaning, if you can help a person take advantage of credit card processing, and then we include your fee, does it still make sense?

Old 17th August 2012, 02:40 AM   #4
Victor196

Hi jazzalbart,
Congratulation and thank you for kind words! You will have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll do my best.

Old 17th August 2012, 02:50 AM   #5
Victor196

Hi CrossCountry2,

My fees are 25-40% from monthly savings for a period of 12-24 months. No savings Ė no cost to client. Itís negotiable and depends on current situation. Statements will be monitored for an agreed period of time to ensure that total cost remains minimized.

Card acceptance fees are definitely important, but there are other vital and often forgotten aspects like processing limits and security; chargeback and fraud prevention procedures, which if not in place or used improperly can put business in risk of financial hardship.
Necessary actions will be suggested at no extra charge.

The bottom line: $0 investment + approximately an hour of time = thousands in profit + piece of mind.

Iím looking to provide free service to a few business owners from this forum in exchange of posted review.