Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th April 2007, 06:23 PM   #1
efields24

Default Where To Buy High Quality Leads

I have purchased many different business leads from many companies. They have all been pretty sorry so far. Does anyone know of where I can purchase high quality leads?

efields24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd April 2007, 11:52 AM   #2
JeffLump

Hi,
Through some difficult experiences in my business, I learned that buying leads from any vendor is basically a scam. Lead vendors all provide generic leads. People fill out an online survey indicating interest in a home-based business oppt. These vendors share prospect's info. amongst themselves, (even though some claim they don't, they lie). Lead companies often re-sell leads many, many months later to people like you and me, (I once had a person contact me about her oppt. some 10 months after I filled out those surveys. I informed her that she got ripped off by her lead vendor, it was kind of late that she was calling me. And I told her, "no" I wasn't interested in her oppt.) I'm sure you've experienced, as I have, calling prospects and getting disconnected phone numbers, wrong phone numbers because some goof ball as a joke entered fictitious info. on an online survey, or you're the 98th person to call a prospect - they are sick of constant interruptions and all of their wrath from those previous 97 people is put squarely on you- just before they loudly slam the phone in your ear. Some vendors offer top-of-the-line, double opt-in leads costing you $12-15 per. Only they're no better than your basic $4 lead, and you have no more success. It's a game that all of these lead vendor companies play to scam you out of your money.
My primary business is with Success University online, (my signature advertises it below). One of their most successful associates is a person who went through what everyone does when buying leads to build up a business - lots of frustration. This person then designed an internet marketing campaign based on many techniques other than buying leads. His name is Deagan Smith, and if you google his name, he has written hundreds of ezine articles based on his marketing techniques. Check it out. What he suggests does take effort and a lot of work on your part- but if you are serious about building up your business and generating income, you'd do what it takes to become successful! Good luck!

JeffLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 10:33 AM   #3
DavidHawke

Send a message via Skype™ to DavidHawke

It really depends on what you mean by high quality? If you mean accurate information, like names and addresses. I can put together a good list for you, how many are you looking for and what are your parameters?

If you are looking for people that are known buyers, you may want to contact that industry's periodicals. They will have lists that many will sell. You could also look to industry organizations and associations for specific industry lists.

David

Old 25th November 2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Rob.Franklin

Before buying any leads you should check out the SRDS at your library. Call first since they are getting harder to find.

Rob.Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 01:12 AM   #5
luxuria

What are SRDS?

luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Adelphos

Quote:
Originally Posted by efields24 View Post
I have purchased many different business leads from many companies. They have all been pretty sorry so far. Does anyone know of where I can purchase high quality leads?
If all you are looking for are general business leads, buy a reverse telephone directory. The price is well worth the information.

Respectfully,

Adelphos

Adelphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:36 PM   #7
JohnFenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxuria View Post
What are SRDS?
It's a kind of association that basically provides two services that I know of.

First off it's a database where almost any form of privately compiled list you might want to get your hands will probably be listed. They produce it as a directory which you can probably find at your local library.

Secondly it prequalifies brokers to ensure they are legitimate so that those private compilers can feel safe about transferring the data to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efields24 View Post
Leads or a mailing list?

Leads to be effective need to be directly contacted as soon as you receive them. Normally by telephone.

If you meant lists, then you would need to provide a lot more information. Low response, can be the list. But it can also be many other things.

JohnFenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 05:36 AM   #8
jep

Default Dm

I have noticed a lot of DM agencies have to adhere to more stricter guidelines

jep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 04:42 PM   #9
danielkanuck

Yeah you have 2 options here:

1) Use a list broker

2) Use the SRDS

The SRDS can be found at your local library for free. It contains a vast amount of high quality mailing lists for you to choose from.

Old 4th October 2011, 10:53 PM   #10
121DM

You can also try outsourcing. Otherwise, there are list brokers out there that you can contact that would offer you quality lists. However, remember that quality can also equate to a steep price. Still, the results are far more rewarding than purchasing lead lists with rock-bottom prices.

121DM is offline   Reply With Quote