Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2011, 04:30 PM   #11
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default ok will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojae Braga View Post
Hi Johnny!

What you have shared is something every Facebook user should know nowadays, especially that most Pages right now are purely created for advertisement purposes. People should realize what "Social Media" should be.
I'm sure they'll learn a lot from you.

By the way, I've taken time to visit your page. I'd be glad if you could visit and like ours too.

Thanks & best of luck to your business!
ok will do! thanks for visiting.

Old 19th July 2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Daniel_SendGOG

wow, very impressive. i "liked" your page on fb just so I can see how you continue to use fb and maybe pickup a few things here and there.

My question is - where do you even start? Before you even had 500 fans...how'd you get those 500 fans? Were they friends of yours? Did you pay for facebook advertising?

Daniel_SendGOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 10:46 AM   #13
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default How to start....

I did not go to my friends to start off my Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/johnnylewssports Instead I spread the word via every order that went out from my business I put a flyer promoting the page, I put into my email signature block the URL to the page, the biggest contributor is putting the social plug ins onto my site, see the upper left corner on: http://www.johnnylew.com

I actually did play around with some FB ads, but sent them to my website not my FB Page at first. I now spend a very small amount $10 per day on FB advertising, just to play around with it and keep a presence, but with 20.000 + fans the growth is coming from the fans themselves! Everytime they "like" a comment or post they are inviting their friends.

Visit other facebook pages and join the conversation, we have seen fans of other pages join ours.

Old 21st July 2011, 04:01 AM   #14
brandonmarx

Thanks a lot Johnny I've been wondering about it all the time when I look on the Face Book fan page likes, the question I ask to me is how it's gonna happened & BOOM you've shared your experience.
Thanks

brandonmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 10:18 AM   #15
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Brandon!

No problem...this is not a sprint but a long term marathon, so take it one day at a time and you will see your Facebook Page "likes" increase, & remember if you have 100 fans, if they spread the word to 10% of their friends (the average is around 125), thats 12.5 friends that they introduce, if you have 1000 that same percentage is 125 friends that will find you and 10,000 will have 1,250 friends that will find you!!!

Old 21st July 2011, 11:32 AM   #16
Backstep033

Default Great Information!

As a newcomer to this endeavor, this is great information.

I built a Facebook FAN Page and to see what type of reaction I get, I just
went to my personal page and asked them to view it and "Like" the
page. Withing two days I had 19 Likes! I was amazed at the traffic
potential.

I am trying now to become active with the members and develop
the relationship with them. I started the endeavor two weeks ago and
am amazed at what I have learned and developed.

I like the correct mindset idea. It's not about you, it's about them.
that will draw people to you faster than flys to honey.

Thanks again, for the information.

Backstep033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 12:43 PM   #17
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Backstep...

Your off on the right foot! People no longer want to be talked too, they want to voice their opinion, give them a means to do so, give them great content to work with and you will see your numbers rise exponentially, like we have. If you would have told me that when we started 3 months ago I would go fromo 0 to 21,000 fans I would have said your crazy...well it happened.

I put a video on Facebook and meant everyword in my introduction video. I said in it "I do run a business but I dont want yout to buy from me" BUT "I want you to want to buy from me"...if every business ran like this you'd have alot of happy customers!

GOOD LUCK!