Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st March 2016, 09:27 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Does Open Office Environment Really Work In Business?

Open office environment has been talk of the town these days. If you visit offices of start-ups n Silicon Valley or even in well established companies the leaders are tearing down the walls of cubicles and putting up open desks. According to International Facility Management Association, nearly 70 percent of companies have open office environment.

The open offices take various shapes in different companies. Some have just long table and chairs along it so employees are sitting side by side. In other places they still keep the cubicle walls, but the height is reduced so that employees can see each other without having to get up. In some other offices you will also find open spaces where employees can gather to discuss.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...k-in-business/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st April 2016, 09:29 PM   #2
seodigital

I prefer open communication than open office environment.

At my office, there are still walls and private rooms. It's a fact that there are some occasions where we need to talk private things to employees, e.g. salary, bad performance evaluation, etc.

Although my business can be considered as a startup, I don't personally think that open office environment could bring some significant benefits or any urgency whatsoever.

However, I strongly emphasize open communication to all my employees, that everyone is welcomed to share ideas (however stupid it is), argue with me, and should feel free to share any problems related to their job.

seodigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:43 PM   #3
EricB
VIP Contributor

I've been in an open office and non open office before. I honestly find open offices more distracting because you can see everyone all the time. I also like my privacy and don't like the open office setup. Ultimately it depends on the person, some people might work better in an open office setting.

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote