Tips For Getting Listed On Google News?
Interested in some advice and tips from anyone that has a website listed on Google News.
I have a new site that I am working on that will be a multi author site and I would like to try to get it listed with Google News for any news related articles (in addition to other strategy and idea articles). Trying to put structure in place so that when ready I will be apply to apply for Google News.
(For those that do not know, you can get your news related articles indexed in Google News and benefit from increased traffic, if approved)
Top tips I have read in various blog posts are:
- Use a Google News Sitemap plugin
- Use a 3 digit numeric structure in article URLs
- Have a multi author site & establish authorship
- Have a contact page with email, physical address or phone
- Blog daily and post newsworthy content with original editorial/analysis
Any other advice/tips on getting listed? Or feedback from getting denied? Also, out of curiousity, although I expect traffic and revenue to be higher when listed did you experience a noticeable spike?