Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th September 2008, 10:41 AM   #1
wavehead

Default Need Help With Idea

i am currently trying to think of ideas in my area for teenagers to do in the evening. they really dont have much to do except hang on streets and go cinema. please could u help

wavehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:16 PM   #2
rabbott50

I coach football at my local high school and deal with teenagers all the time. The thing that I see is the same thing that has motivated kids for generations - they want to do something that is cool to them that parents don't understand or can't do. Really, they want to flex their independence and do what is 'uncool" to their parents.

That's why extreme sports and video games are so popular; most parents can't or won't do them.

Have you thought of organizing local tournaments for skate boarding, bmx bikes, video games and stuff like that? It has to interest them and be part of who they are. If this is a commercial venture your looking to start, approach soda drink companies like Sprite and Mountain Dew. Those two brands have target the teen market very successfully. You might be able to get ideas and sponsorship opportunities from them.

Good luck with this worthy idea!

rabbott50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Loganet

Default Good Question! ID a problem. Provide a solution

And this is problem that's been around forever! Haven't we all grown up in the most boring place in ever?

Here's my idea. It seems that all the talent shows, like American Idol, America's Got Talent, You Think You can Dance, are super popular right now. How about provide a smaller venue like those, for the local teens? Kinda like a comedy club for teens -- but with different type events: singing, dancing, talent show, etc.

Whenever I go to the mall on weekends, it seems like that there is always a band or a singer performing on the public stages. Make sure you provide a voting device for audiences, so that they can participate.

Loganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 02:46 AM   #4
wavehead

well i thought about like a talent competition or some sort, but if i did that i would want to run and own my own bar. in blackpool they dont have anything like that. but unfortunately i do not have the money to start a business like that.

its why i was after starting something quite simple for now like booking a place out for nights out for teenagers who arnt old enough. i would make a website, try advertise it somehow and set up some form of payment cart or i would even go collect it from them.

I have been trying to think of a really nice online business for a while just to get me started. if anyone has some good ideas especially around blackpool that would be good.

ps. blackpool already has quite a few sporting competitions with all its sports centres and clubs

wavehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 12:24 PM   #5
refernshare

Simple Ideas are Great Idea. Like the one for my website, refernshare.com. I could not find a site for individuals to rip the rewards offered by companies when you refer someone to sign up for a service or buy a product. I just referred a friend of mine to move to where I live and made $300. That's one example.

So, just come up with an idea, research and implement. You can check out my site and see is just simple implementation.

Goodluck, and don't afraid if you fail. You get up and try again.

refernshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 11:36 AM   #6
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com
Default Start a Blog

Hi,

I recommend this to a lot of people, but starting a blog can be the best business move for an entrepreneur.

What does building & marketing a blog do for you:

1. Teaches you minor web development skills
2. Forces you to learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
3. Helps you learn an industry
4. Free Software (wordpress & blogger)
5. Helps you figure out what business you really want
6. Drives website traffic, links, and brand awareness for a new business.

I would first want to see how serious my kids are before I let them loose on a business. Starting a blog is something you can monitor, help with, see how interested they really are, as well as be a spring board into much large things.

start small. start with the unknown in mind. It will lead into their true passion.

Jeff