Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th May 2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Maria Cabral

Default Offline Marketing Ideas

I have a web page in which I am trying to generate leads from, the problem nobody is going on my website. I am a financial advisor, also I do insurances and a money merger account which helps people pay their mortgage off in 1/3 of the time. Anyone have any creative off-line ideas ?

Maria Cabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th May 2008, 02:34 PM   #2
hgriches

place tear-off flyers where you feel you may have a large customer base or just in areas with a lot of people. honestly, this was the most effective offline marketing strategy for me.

also, you could try leaving small flyers at the doors of residential areas, business parks, etc.

lastly, although it may be effective, it is expensive. You can buy advertisements on electronic bill boards or magazines.

hgriches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Marketing Spot

Default Lure With Value

Write a short ebook or white paper and post it on your web page. Send out a news release to local publications. Promote your ebook/white paper on the flyers mentioned by hgriches.

Marketing Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Welcome aboard

Marketing Spot, good idea. here is another members (mktgbiz) guide to creating an ebook for those who need to get up to speed in that area - http://www.marketingyourebook.com/

Old 21st May 2008, 11:38 AM   #5
jen0608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Cabral View Post
I have a web page in which I am trying to generate leads from, the problem nobody is going on my website. I am a financial advisor, also I do insurances and a money merger account which helps people pay their mortgage off in 1/3 of the time. Anyone have any creative off-line ideas ?

Nowadays, marketing online would be more effective to get more success with your business. And to market your site on your targeted visitors you need SEO technique or internet marketing ideas.

jen0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 05:41 PM   #6
MasterLink

Red face

Often you will find combining on and off-line marketing to be the most effective for your business.

I agree with some of the methods talked about here. I would go one step further though and set up some call tracking on your offline flyers, brochures, etc. so that you can measure and test their effectiveness.

Another idea would be to set up different landing pages for different advertising pieces so that you can track the traffic they are generating as well.

Offering a good incentive such as an e-book, free report, free download, etc. is a great way to drive traffic, as well as to include in your offline advertising.

MasterLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 06:51 PM   #7
PressureProsInc
VIP Contributor

Direct mail is a proven winner.

PressureProsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 10:50 AM   #8
K&G

I have a small pet store, and a big part of our business is families with children. We've found a good cheap form of advertising is dance recital programs, karate exibition programs, etc. We also donate items to school and church auctions. We sponsored the 'space walk' at the elementary school carnival and our ad is on the seat cushions at the local high school football stadium. These are very inexpensive ads and have done well for us.

I realize you aren't as 'child focused' as we are, but maybe your ads could focus on things like college savings programs.

K&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 05:56 AM   #9
Zafar Ahmed

I think festival greetings and key chains are very good idea to get offline marketing too.

Zafar Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 06:04 PM   #10
ibuzzmentor

To succeed at offline marketing everyone should have business cards, stampers, post it notes, roadside signs, car magnets, JV's with newspapers and radio station ( who need the advertising) and then use something like voice blasting. Voiceblasting nowadays is getting so cheap and gives you the best bang for you buck as far as high quality impressions. Having leads call you is the only way to go and how I have exploded my business.

ibuzzmentor is offline   Reply With Quote