Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th January 2014, 02:09 AM   #1
ankitkumarseo

Default How To Do Successfull Blog Commenting?

Hi Friends, My name is Ankit Kumar. I am a SEO Analyst. I just want to develop some good Back-links to my site by Blog Commenting. I never did the Blog Commenting before. Please give me some good suggestions about Blog Commenting.

ankitkumarseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th January 2014, 03:03 AM   #2
D_Kotian

Search the blog using your niche keywords, Use your kind words to comment on blogs, Do not just say few words about their article or blog, try to appreciate the blog writer and do not add any additional links to increase your backlinks. Gain trust first and then you go to earn links.

Old 12th January 2014, 10:36 AM   #3
KendallScapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Kotian View Post
Search the blog using your niche keywords, Use your kind words to comment on blogs, Do not just say few words about their article or blog, try to appreciate the blog writer and do not add any additional links to increase your backlinks. Gain trust first and then you go to earn links.
Pretty much what he said^ blog commenting, especially for you has got to be super easy! For my niche (roof and exterior cleaning) there are about a total of 6 sites.. There are most likely about 10k sites related to blogging and creating blogging sites

KendallScapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 04:38 AM   #4
D_Kotian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallScapes View Post
Pretty much what he said^ blog commenting, especially for you has got to be super easy! For my niche (roof and exterior cleaning) there are about a total of 6 sites.. There are most likely about 10k sites related to blogging and creating blogging sites
Yes thats right, when it comes to earning links, there are lot of other methods to earn links by commenting on unrelated blogs as a fan.

Old 13th January 2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Atech.Tom

Default Make your comments relevant

Make your comment relevant. I can't Stress this enough.

Give value to the conversation and provide real, useful and discussion provocative comments. This will get you a long way whether or not you are pushing your link.

Aside from the above, you want to be authoritative in your field, this will not only help your short term (traffic) but long term, when people stumble across your comments in years to come, it will reiterate that you know your topic!

Atech.Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:56 AM   #6
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

If you're really interested in valid SEO, please do not run around dropping links in blog comments. Real SEO has nothing to do with crapping up folks' comment streams with bogus links.

Consider: legitimate bloggers will recognize you as the spammer you are and never allow your comments to see the light of day. So posting a bogus comment to a high-quality blog in the hopes of gaining a link is simply a waste of your (and the blogger's) time.

If you find a blog that does let those kinds of crap comments through, though, it's not much better use of your time. Those blogs that do allow link drops probably don't have any "link juice" to pass along, as they most likely been flagged by Google due to the high quantity of spam they contain (mostly from clueless so-called "SEOs" spamming their comment streams with irrelevant comments and links).

Please do not be dumb enough to think you can fool bloggers with lame posts such as "I really like this blog. You have such insightful thoughts. I wish you would post more articles like this." I see plenty of these on my own blogs every day, and I mark every one of them as spam. Because that's what they are.

If you're posting in blog comment streams to try to get links, if you think blog comment spam has anything to do with SEO, you're doing both SEO and blog commenting wrong.

--Torka

Old 14th January 2014, 05:41 AM   #7
gmrwebteam

Blog commenting is the tool of SEO. Readers who like to share their views on the blog post. These views of the blog is known as blog commenting. Through the blog commenting we can build a good relationship with other readers.
Blog commenting is a effective method to get good backlinks to blog. It is genuine method to increase traffic of the blog post

gmrwebteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 09:49 AM   #8
Cindy16

leave comments that are useful for people not for search engines. Don't just leave comments like "I love this blog" or "Great Post. I'm gonna bookmark this".. NO! It won't lead you somewhere instead, it will give a hint to the webmaster that you are or you might be a spammer... Be natural and conversational.

Old 12th March 2014, 08:45 AM   #9
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

In blog commenting most of the links are nofollow, but even such links can help you. In blog commenting its very important to place links in your niche specific blogs. Don't try to just promote your site, appreciate the authors for their contribution, give them certain good suggestions if you can. And then place your links, but avoid spamming by placing more than one link.

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 07:45 PM   #10
SoftDev

@OP: First find you niche related top authority blogs, subscribe to their post feeds to get instant notification to your email whenever the new post comes up. This is how I do blog commenting. Make sure always useful comment not like with generic lines "thank you, what an amazing post" lol