Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th July 2010, 11:40 AM   #11
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Each point on the web is called a node. There are literally thousands of places that you can place your web site link around the net.

It appears that the more popular ones have been already been supplied in this thread, but don't rule out others, less common places. I could spend twenty minutes listing just a few of the possibilities right here.

Remember, when you have saturated the 'main stream,' don't rule out less common nodes. Why?

Just because a link does not get massive traffic in its infancy, over the course of a year, it will receive traffic. Even while you are sleeping.

Multiple that by ten or a hundred, you would see that years results as desirable. (thousands of hits)

This is the secret of free web traffic, the problem is: you won't see immediate results as a bonanza.

Take care of the big-boys first, then, try linking-up in unusual corners of the internet. Some site like Craigslist will require frequent re-listing and re-do (content changes) to keep fresh traffic coming your way.

Sites that don't require lots of maintenance often require that you be creative in your pitches. Don't just say -- see my website, click here!

See my signature below -- it invites people to check it out!

FYI

Dace

Old 12th July 2010, 03:35 PM   #12
bradmarcus

Send a message via Skype™ to bradmarcus

Great idea, Lesley. One note, Revoo.com is no longer in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesleyHuntley View Post
Submit Your Opinion To A Review Site: Do a search for review sites that you can submit your opinion to in return for a backlink. Here are a couple to get you started:

www.Revoo.com
www.ReviewCentre.com
www.Epinion.com

Provide Testimonials For Other Peopleís Products: If you are impressed with a product you have purchased, be sure to write and thank the publisher. Allow them to use the review on their website in return for a link to yours. Nine times out of ten, your review will be used as a testimonial, especially if it is positive.

Swap Articles and Traffic with Other Non-Competing Websites in Your Niche: If youíre in the home renovation business you can trade articles with other businesses, such as painters and electricians.

Submit Your Story For Online Press Release: Make it newsworthy. Format it just like an article in the newspaper and have a compelling title.

Answer Questions on Yahoo Answers: You will also find people ask their burning questions on question and answer sites, like Yahoo Answers. Place your link as your source.

This could be a good thread if others place their best tips here!

bradmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 04:17 PM   #13
WebWizard

Review sites are great Articles ect work perfect as well.

WebWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 06:30 AM   #14
Martin123

Hello Friend,
With the help of these tips you can easily promote your website.The first and the basic point is search engine submission for that you need to submit your site to search engines.
The second important thing is offline advertising,it is just as important as what you do online and can bring your website valuable traffic.Banner exchange is also useful in website promotion,for that you need to join banner exchange which are similar to the content of your site.

Old 9th September 2010, 12:06 AM   #15
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default Alternative promotions

Don't forget to put your URL on the back of your car.

Also when you go for a jog or walk, take along some chalk and write it on the pavement.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 10:18 AM   #16
InspiroHost

Blogs are fast gaining popularity as a cost-effective yet highly beneficial means of promoting oneís existence on the Internet. If you think about it logically, blog promotion sure makes a lot of sense. Firstly, you are setting yourself up on the same medium on which your target audience is already present, viz. the Internet. Further, you are enticing them to your website and your product or service offering, in an extremely interactive and engaging manner which is difficult to replicate on any other platform.

Therefore, I recommend using blog promotion for your website.

InspiroHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 01:38 PM   #17
GoingLocal

Default feeder sites

you could also build small and tight sites on Squidoo.com, blogger.com, hubpages.com, etc that target a specific market segment or demographic.
I'm surprised I haven't seen things like tumblr.com or technorati.com on here either. those sites get a good amount of traffic that other sites miss.

These make tailored marketing messages and 'pre-sales' easier to make without cluttering your main site... and allow for anchored backlinks to your main site

GoingLocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 03:19 PM   #18
rdcclu

I recently wrote an article on this subject. Here it is...

16 Ways I Promote My Website

With billions of websites, how do I promote my website to help people find me? More than 85% of people looking for a business use internet search. Being found should be a top priority for every business.

Most do not know how to promote a site. And the question should actually be more specific. The correct question is: How do I promote my website in order to rank in the top ten results on the search engines?

More than 60 billion searches are performed online every month. Only 3% of those searches click beyond page one of the search results. Now that Google (at least) is including live social search results as well, ranking in the top ten for a keyword is essential.

How Do I Promote My Website to Rank on Page One?

Effective website promotion requires a combination of tactics. You can either manage the campaigns yourself, hire a marketing firm to do everything for you, or you can work with various contract and freelance experts who will provide the expertise you need in various areas of your marketing plan. Only you can evaluate the balance between time and money: what do you have the time and knowledge to do and what can you afford to outsource.

What are the Best Tactics to Promote My Website?

Here are the tactics I use to promote my website and that I believe will serve you well in promoting yours.

- A professionally-built and designed website

- Keyword Research

- Site SEO

- PPC ads on search engines

- Effective social media campaign, to build interest and to build incoming links to your site

- Blog actively (and include lots of links to your site)

- Internal site links

- Content development plan

- Article marketing

- Media relations campaign and regular press releases

- Submit your site to appropriate online directories and search engines

- Optimal use of local search

- Effective landing pages

- A lead generation strategy

- Lead management system

- Create lead bait Ė write or create free items that people will sign up to receive.

If you can learn how to do each of these tasks, or find someone who knows what they are doing, and you can weave these together into an integrated marketing and sales strategy, you will be well on your way to driving quality traffic to your site.

rdcclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 09:47 PM   #19
haiwin

you may list your business to some classified ad sites,which can bring some traffic to your site

haiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 05:49 PM   #20
oceantide24

put it up for announcement in church

oceantide24 is offline   Reply With Quote