Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th June 2013, 02:44 AM   #11
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Websumes View Post
I'm trying to understand what is it about my strategy isn't working? I get thousands of clicks but no conversions, something is obviously not "clicking" with prospects.

I'm running a job board and trying to get employers to post jobs on the site and so far no one is biting. I spent the last 6 months revamping features, adding features, including making the site have more calls to action to get jobseekers and employers to sign in. So far no dice. This is a tad discouraging since I actually had more people sign up when I advertised, it seems, with a sticker on my car driving around town. More so than banner ads on websites : ) I dunno. On top of that back when I was driving around with stickers, back then my site basically looked horrible so I was amazed anyone signed up given its less than stellar appeal. But now with things revamped I'm getting nothing.
This niche will always attract huge traffic because people will keep searching for jobs The site now looks a bit professional by the way...
Website conversion remains the tricky part.Here are a few tips I think might be helpful:
-Check out the competitor sites often to see what they are doing and get some valuable tips from them.
-Solicit and welcome feedback-make it easy for visitors to send feedback and capitalise on that information.
-Get a toll-free number to encourage them to call and engage them over the phone.
-Offer multiple payment options.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th June 2013, 04:06 PM   #12
Websumes

Talking

BeBizSmart, that really means a lot especially about the site's appearance . You are right in that I do need to communicate with my customers/visitors. Will continue to make improvements. There a few technical things to clean up but hopefully once those are out the way I can focus on those items you mentioned.

Thanks!

Old 15th August 2013, 03:22 AM   #13
timonline132

I think you should add something unique, valuable and worthy for your customers. If you have traffic but no conversions that means people didn't get that for which they are coming on your site. Try to analyze the need of your customer and do something to chage your design. make it more attractive and catchy for your users.

timonline132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 02:27 AM   #14
Websumes

Default Been awhile just checking in

Hi all,

I've been pretty busy as usual with the site design and mulling over possible strategies for converting visitors. Plus work/life/weather... blah blah blah.

Pat,
Funny anecdote. Not long ago I was in a bit of a slump with trying to figure out where to go from here (this was back in June). I'd be pretty busy with work and hadn't touched my site or this forum in months. Haven't even thought about them much. Then I finally caught some free time and decided to review where I was on things and basically came up with the same concerns I had back then.

The funny thing is I was looking at my job listings page and started thinking, "How do I get visitors to convert here? At this spot!?" Then I cleverly thought, "I know! I'll create a popup and have them register right there!" "Brilliant!" I thought to myself. After a few moments passed I had this suddenly inkling that I had actually heard this very same piece of advice before. Sure enough it was something you'd suggested months ago

So in a way, I feel I might at least have a shred of business acumen to maybe pull this whole thing off. Maybe it was just the power of my subconscious kicking in, but at the moment I felt that if I can "come up" with the same strategy as a professional veteran then I have some hope.

I actually recall my initial reaction when you made the comment that since I'm using Indeed that it might be difficult to do the pop-up. At the time I knew I could figure out a way to do it but was probably too burnt out to dig into the details and "see" a workable solution right away. Taking time away in a sense refreshed me to focus on the popup strategy. And now I am happy to say I have my solution. Just now working out the kinks but it was actually pretty easy.

Old 30th October 2013, 03:16 AM   #15
VishalBhatt123

If you provide best deal and branded product at your store than you must convert visitors to customers.
1. Provide best deal for at your store.
2. Provide news-later advertising for your visitor.
3. Provide Discounts at your store.
4. Provide today deal at your store.
when people visit your store than All this tasks are convert visitors to your store's customers.

Old 11th December 2013, 08:40 AM   #16
webinse

Default Sales funnel optimization will help you

In this article you will find some helpful tips
http://www.webinse.com/blog/one-more...or-your-store/

webinse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 10:42 AM   #17
Carrie Minton

Great tips, Beth! I know, all of these could really help in converting your visitors to be your customer/client. Many websites have failed to do so since they don't have enough knowledge in which SEO techniques to use to improve their sites performances. I agree with some comments that when you want to become more successful, your website must be competitive and updated with new features and designs.

Carrie Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 09:31 PM   #18
SC_Sean

Websumes -- your site is totally ripe for content marketing!

Finding a job is tough, and other posters in this thread are right in noting that you've situated yourself in a pretty tough/competitive market.

However, you've also put yourself in a place that's ripe for content creation and curation.

Not only is finding a job SUPER important, but there's also a LOT that goes into it. Which means that you are in a great place to start publishing helpful, informative, and entertaining content all about that very subject.

If you can attach a blog to your site and fill it consistently with relevant, high-quality content, you'll achieve a couple of things:

First, you'll pump up your site in the search rankings. All that new content looks great to Google, and tells them that you're an authoritative source of good information...which is exactly what Google wants to connect with people searching the Nets.

Second, you'll make your site into authority. Visitors will notice that you're publishing content about the appropriate subject matter on a regular basis. This gains you trust, and will convince people that you know what you're talking about.

Hope this helps!

Old 18th February 2014, 05:21 AM   #19
Cindy16

Make your website more appealing. but always consider that less is more. Another thing, have you tried doing Social Media Marketing? What about joining forums in your local community? Reaching out to people real time by attending events, seminars, gatherings and connecting with them right there and then as you hand in your business card with your business digital information. I hope this helps..

Old 23rd February 2014, 05:35 PM   #20
SC_Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy16 View Post
Make your website more appealing. but always consider that less is more. Another thing, have you tried doing Social Media Marketing? What about joining forums in your local community? Reaching out to people real time by attending events, seminars, gatherings and connecting with them right there and then as you hand in your business card with your business digital information. I hope this helps..
This is really good advice. Not only does it get your name out there and help get you exposure -- but it also helps you establish yourself as an authority in your given industry. Not to mention the fact that you're able to do this by establishing real connections with actual individuals who need your help. It's a really strong marketing technique.