Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd November 2009, 02:40 AM   #41
Keyword Geek

I've made a few sales directly from Twitter.

Might get a VA to help out on this end.

Keyword Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:57 AM   #42
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Twitter is a great way of integrating with your clients and your competitors, for example you can do real live searches now on what is being said every second of the day!

I use monitter.com for this information, track 3 keywords and when you see someone talking about your industry/product you can engage in conversation with them

I have 2,700 followers on Twitter now and my business has got better as a result of Twitter, I am able to network better with Twitter, swap content with other businesses in my area and there is even #tweetups happening here where us Tweeters are getting together once a month to network - all good stuff

Dell is a prime example, making sales of over $2 million, they have deals for Twitter users only and have done extremely well

Many celebrities have Twitter pages now as well (look for the verified account tick) and are using their account to raise money for charities and other amazing deals

Twitter has changed dramatically since early this year, they have yet to monetize the system but I am sure the day will come. You have RT (re-tweets), connect to your Facebook and Linkedin pages and update your status on other networks without having to update so many at once!

This has been a good benefit for me, updating from Twitter to Facebook and Linkedin, MySpace and Bebo!

Twitter is not for everyone but I think it is an amazing piece of software to come out in 2009 - there is a 140 character limit set though so you need to be inspiring

Old 3rd December 2009, 01:43 AM   #43
facebookapp110

Yeah i use twitter for business and twitter is very helpful for business persons because by the help of following relevant people you can tell them about your business.

facebookapp110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:03 AM   #44
David Morson

Default Twitter's use,

There's an emerging concept of SMO and Twitter is all about that stuff which helps people to get socially optimized and flourish their business.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 02:49 PM   #45
MLM-Marketing

Default my twitter secret

I use twitter when I do my business marketing. But I noticed I wasn't getting a lot of results when I posted a link straight to a capture page.

So i switched it up and sent my traffic to a blog post first. This way I can educate my visitor and pre-sell them on what I then was going to offer.

this work like gang busters.

It also shows people who follow you that your a person who delivers great information and not just trying to get a lead.

MLM-Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 05:39 AM   #46
iBok

Twitter is perfect for business

iBok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 02:44 AM   #47
mikehussy1990

Twitter is most useful option for enhancing customer because you can sent your message to millions people in very short time.

mikehussy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 03:46 AM   #48
Lentrepot

Twitter is a good marketing tool for business because of the number of users that the microblogging site has. Imagine the volume of clients you can have as well as the potential customers you can attract.

Lentrepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:04 PM   #49
mikehussy1990

Before any company employees start tweeting, it would be a good idea to remind them that the same rules that apply to other web participation (like blogging, for example) also apply to Twitter. "As Twitter is a public forum, employees should understand the limits of what is acceptable and desirable," says Jeffrey Mann, research vice president at Gartner. "If organizations have not defined a public Web participation policy, they should do so as quickly as possible."

mikehussy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 10:27 AM   #50
gjberghuis

Default Twitter is a viral

I think twitter can be used for effortlessly and easily launching a viral campaign. If you consider the power and influence of some twittering people: Ashton Kutcher got 4.600.000 followers. If someone on twitter tweets about your viral campaign and his followers are your target audience you're viral is a success.

gjberghuis is offline   Reply With Quote