Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Domain Names
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2010, 09:59 AM   #1
trm21

Default Domain Name Ideas For Muscle-Building Site

Hi, I am going to be launching a free newsletter designed around the topic of muscle-building. The site will be exclusively designed to promote this newsletter. Also, the information will be targeted at all ages and fitness levels.

Thinking of domain names is always a difficult job, so I thought I would check and see if any of you creative people had a good idea

Thanks!

trm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th June 2010, 03:51 PM   #2
aphexcmc

Default Desmond

You are going to need a plan in determining your names especially if you want to take advantage of Seo techniques.

aphexcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 04:24 PM   #3
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

I never paid attention to SEO when considering a domain name. I use my own acid test that works.... and works well.

So many times people start up a business and name it... then, as an after thought, try to buy the domain name that is the same. NO LUCK! Taken!

I suggest you poke around and check for names that you like. So many times just adding a 'your' to the start or 'online' to the end is enough to make the name become available. I would rather type a long name than a name with spaces and dashes, or those that use the occasional number (cash4life) or when domain names have words that can be spelt in different ways.

Here's a trick that I also know works well. Do you have a vanity toll free number (one that spells something??) Or a realy easy phone number?? Those with double digits, etc. Register your phone number as a domain name! Works really well in conjunction with radio ads. We ran ads with the line 'call or visit toll-free-phone-number dot com!' Worked very, very well.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 09:34 AM   #4
trm21

Default Thank you

aphexcmc, that is definitely good advice. However, SEO will not be as important for the type of site I am setting up. It will use other strategies to draw traffic.

BeTheBest, that was all very good advice. Thank you!

trm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 07:07 PM   #5
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Try makewords.com for both name ideas and which domains are available.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 06:33 AM   #6
rhettroweb

themuscletech.com would be an easy one to get and remember.

rhettroweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 09:54 PM   #7
robertantwi

Smile How to register the best domain name

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm21 View Post
Hi, I am going to be launching a free newsletter designed around the topic of muscle-building. The site will be exclusively designed to promote this newsletter. Also, the information will be targeted at all ages and fitness levels.

Thinking of domain names is always a difficult job, so I thought I would check and see if any of you creative people had a good idea

Thanks!
SEO starts in your domain name, dont listen to people talking about something that sounds catchy unless you have enough money to be submitting a huge amount of unique articles a day and bookmarking each article to 100 plus bookmarking sites.

The best way to get a domain is to do this - i cant believe im going to share this.

First you need to go to Google keywords tool
you then have to think of many words that are broad to what your site will be about

for example

muscle building site

TURN THAT DREADED INSTANT SEARCH OFF and Google: muscle building

scroll down to the left and look for "more search tools" then click on related searches

you will notice that Google returns related searches in bold that reflect what you have searched. you need to copy these in scintilla or notepad - i prefer scintilla allows you to open tabs in a text editor very handy

Now your going to continuously do this and then on the ones you like in bold click on them and then click the "more searches like these" you will want to open these in a new tab; as you will want to get all the keywords and potential domain names

One you have performed this and you damn near have around 500 names

You now need to run these through a bulk domain tool like that one on go daddy as it allows you to search up-to 500 domain names

oh yeah your potential keywords will have gaps in them

simple use find and replace to take out the spaces

Now the importance of your TLD (Top Level Domain) all depends on where your main market is; so if its UK check .co.uk and so on, i would strongly suggest that you check .com .org and .net. Im no lawyer so look into whether or not your allowed to use .org commercially

Once you run this, go daddy will tell you which have been registered and which ones are free

then you will need to take these keywords and run them through Google estimator tool (your going to have to put spaces in these keywords - long job but this is real SEO and i love it, you had better to or it could leave you relying on softwares to make you a lazy seo person ) and see which one yields the highest estimated cpc. Do not base it solely off the cpc amount you see. You will need to get your calc out and work it out, some keywords may get less searches but the cpc is much higher - your basically going to work out cpc x global monthly searches which ever happens to be the highest out of them all you register that domain name

NOW THATS HOW YOU PICK A DOMAIN NAME - im sure you get the jist of it

robertantwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:23 PM   #8
TynnishaH

Send a message via Skype™ to TynnishaH

JustTooRipped.com

ha....this would be easy to remember. I like it

TynnishaH is offline   Reply With Quote