Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th February 2011, 01:34 AM   #21
bradmarcus

Send a message via Skype™ to bradmarcus

I have several clients who will swear that newspaper ads have been more and more of a money pit over the past 5 years. No matter what the advertising avenue, the key to success is a clear message and a clear call to action. Depending on your industry, you may well be sinking money in your print ad campaign that is not paying off on a good ROI. Those same businesses have invested in a website and then left it alone, expecting it to generate it's own leads with no updates and without an SEO professional to help. I know it may seem self-serving, as I am an SEO professional, but every business needs to at least get an accessment of their web presence and evaluate the ROI of their print campaign.

bradmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:35 PM   #22
Kristiansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDoc View Post
Hi SmallBiz and others,

I'm newly subscribed at this forum and was reading your post. I offer an opinion. What causes most business owners' ad campaigns to fail is the failure of two things: 1) consistency and 2) tracking.

1. Advertising is not a one-shot deal. A small ad every week or twice a week is much better than a large ad every now and then.
2. It's key to track your effectiveness and most owners fail to do this. It's critical to tweak your ad over time scientifically to develop an ad that pulls well. It requires time but it doesn't need to cost a lot.

I describe how to determine your optimum advertising mix at http://bizmd.blogspot.com/2010/07/si...ng-pt-one.html. The site is free and the content is all original. I don't try and sell anything, just build readership.

Anyway, if you like the ideas, please pass the site on. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Regards,
Chris
the Business Doctor
[email protected]
http://bizmd.blogspot.com
Excellent advice! I am a media buyer specializing in newspaper classifieds. I have many successful advertisers who are pleased with the quantity and quality of their leads.... However, I cannot count the number of times that I've placed single ads without repetition at the request of the advertiser and then had disappointed customers.

Repetition is the key. If you have a quality product or service that is of value to the reader and you promote it regularly to a specific market (large or small) with good ad copy, you will do well. It's as simple as that!

I have an article regarding writing quality copy on our site. I've had a lot of good feedback from customers who have used this advice. Here's a link if interested. http://www.advertisingresults.com/pa...rtising-advice

Kristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote