Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2009, 01:32 AM   #11
colin1

Hello

A garage can be a huge selling feature of a property but most garages are kept in a constant state of disorder. Because your goal as a home stager is to have a buyer imagine their life in a home, you can’t ask them to see past clutter because many won’t be able to.
• The first step for staging a garage is to remove all clutter. Help the homeowners to purge and ask them to get rid of anything that doesn’t have to be there. Advise them to donate unwanted items to charity and put any seasonal items they won’t use while the house is listed should be put in storage.
• For items that do need to be kept, put a pegboard up to get tools off of surfaces and make sure there are no piles of clutter on the floor.
• The homeowners can keep their lawnmower, bicycles and paint cans in the garage but make sure they’re organized.
• If it’s been awhile since the garage saw a fresh coat of paint, now’s the time to freshen it up - that goes for walls and the floor.

Thanks for reading

colin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th January 2010, 04:30 AM   #12
icondosmanila

Talking

It's better if you market it first in some houses near you. Start posting and distributing print ads but that kind of ad today in ineffective. You may use print ads for your start and if you find it successful then you may upgrade or step in to a new level. Analyse first your marketing mix or you product, place(channels of distribution),price and promotion. Examine your strenght, weaknesses, opportunities and threats after all of your analyzation.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 03:14 AM   #13
tomsp

Raised access floor and strong abrasion resistive laminate flooring are good options for garage purpose.

tomsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 02:18 PM   #14
EPi

I do garage floor coating. I am very interested in what type of flooring you are installing. Is it something you invented? Start with a broad target and narrow it down.
Home owners
Homes valued at 200 +
Owners that have a income of 150 +
Owners that have a hobby/profession that includes using their garage.
Owner that spend a lot of time in their garage
Owners that appreciate cleanliness
Owners that have hot rods

Once you find a target, find out where the gather.

Like having a vendor booth in a Car Show. they love their floors to be top notch to display their ment condition classic cars that they poured their hearts into restoring.

EPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 03:31 AM   #15
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

Just thought I'd mention that with postcards it's a generally accepted fact that the first run is very poor in roi. Think about it, do you read every little thing that comes to your mail box? If you do then I have to inform you that most people simply glace to see who it's from then toss it as junk. It's the second or third time usually before the average client says, "Who are these people who keep sending me crap?" and finally bother to read it...

Completely paraphrased and generalized, but do plan on at least two runs of postcards if you go that route. I design postcards but have never actually tried marketing myself through them personally, but I have talked to people and read blog posts of people who have to gain this information. Happy to pass it along, second hand as it might be.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 11:43 PM   #16
tomsp

You can contact local laminate flooring sellers to check if laminate flooring is ok for your garage flooring business.

tomsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 12:46 AM   #17
samson smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelhc View Post
Hi guys,
I've read some of the posts on this forum and I think they're great. I am starting a new garage flooring business and I am looking for some ideas how I can get some leads coming in. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
There are many effective ways available today's that helps to promote your business. It is depend on you what type of program you want to choose. EDDM, post cards and banners are the effective offline ways for promotion.

samson smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 01:07 AM   #18
24-7

I own a business that sells accessories for Muscle Cars. I strongly suggest that you target the Gearheads, these guys spend money on their cars and want a good looking garage as well.

I've put down epoxy coating in my garage and most of the stuff from your local hardware store does not hold up. We want top quality epoxy that sticks and shines.

The car enthusiast is a HUGE market. If you have an classic, exotic, muscle, vintage or new sports car dropping a few hundred on some serious flooring is no big deal. I know several guys that have garages that look better than most homes. A sharp mancave in the form of a garage is the hot trend.

24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:34 PM   #19
chinlee

Firstly, I think you should start your business' website(small or big) depends on how much startup cash you have. Then you have to have a keyword finder, just to search for keywords that your market has to offer. It's critical for an online business to use this to get valued or searched keyword to rank for in SEO. Then you'd have to do SMM for your business, that's just the way it should be.

Old 24th October 2012, 07:18 AM   #20
printed.com

Print marketing would be a great way to access your local clients. Social media, blogging and guest blogging would be a simple way to get your name out there as it were.