Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st June 2009, 07:55 PM   #21
Jobbrowsing

Default Business Cards Sucess

I feel using businesses cards works wonders. People tend to forget if you mention to them your business name or contact details. People are so busy these days they will often forget but if they have that card still in their wallet then they will remember as long as they have the card.. also they will be more inclined to tell others.

Jobbrowsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th June 2009, 03:51 AM   #22
Gerald Anders

Send a message via Skype™ to Gerald Anders

Business Cards are a simple and effective way of marketing your business and by taking the time to creating a good and distinctive business card pay off in the end.
these days with many advances systems and methods in the industry with Internet businesses the business card concept has also become a popular phenomenon. You donít necessarily need to have a paper card anymore. All you need to do is an online business designed and this can then be published at any of your potential sites.

Gerald Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 02:47 AM   #23
jarmaine

Indeed business cards are a very effective medium to promote yourself or your business. A business card should be a reflection of the company or the person. You can be as simple as you want or as creative and imaginative. But the most important aspect of the business card is not the design but the content. From simply including the name and contact numbers, business cards nowadays have information on one's email address/es, online profiles, websites, and the like. The challenge then is to balance the design and content of your business card to have a striking and professional effect.

jarmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 06:07 AM   #24
AlexaSm

Nowadays, more and more people can't imagine their life without using business cards. And there is nothing surprising in it, because business cards are convenient, small, and they are easy to get and use. So if you still don't have your personal business card it's high time to get it.

AlexaSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:02 PM   #25
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

I was just talking about this yesterday with a friend....whatever info....remember the card has 2 sides.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 01:24 PM   #26
phanio
VIP Contributor

Just don't try to do to much - think big impact without overwhelming a prospective customer.

Old 23rd October 2009, 04:37 AM   #27
Brent65

Hi everybody...
Business cards are playing a vital role these days. I saw different variety of business cards these cards are simply creating wonders in the business world. And this one of the effective way in marketing your product.
Good luck...!

Brent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 10:41 AM   #28
Feechi

Send a message via Yahoo to Feechi Send a message via Skype™ to Feechi

Business Cards are essential for business. Don't forget to use the back of your card as well. On my card, I have my logo and contact information on the front and on the back lists all of my services.

Feechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 12:54 PM   #29
lindabinns

I'm amazed how frequently I receive business cards that tell you nothing about what the person does. I think you should be able to look at someone's card and know what they do. Also, it's frustrating when the contact information is so small you can barely read it.

When I meet people at networking events I like to make notes on the back of their card to help me remember things about them, so I find glossy cards and cards that don't have any space on the back for writing a little irritating.

Those are just my thoughts. I also wonder what others think about whether to include your photograph on the card or not. I've heard reasons why you should and reasons why you shouldn't. I'd be interested to hear what other members think.

lindabinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:27 AM   #30
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

I made a post on my blog about this not too long ago lol. I think that the information you put on them is paramount to the cards importance, as a designer I could easily say that the design outweighs the information, and I wish I could say that cause I'm not trying to encourage MS word designed business cards here, but if you have the best business card in the world design wise and you leave out a way to contact you, or what you can do for the client, then you wasted your time.

If you can't figure out what a person's offering, and how to get a hold of them from their business card then you throw it away, heck before I had my own business I threw away business cards that had relevant information on them so how much more likely would I have been to trash them without it? Think like a client when your ordering or designing point of contact, mailouts, and other marketing materials and you're much more likely to get business from them.

Seems like common sense when you read it but... yeah you'd be surprised.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote