Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd May 2007, 04:34 PM   #11
TAAZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKate View Post
Just as a background, my company teaches CPR and First Aid to both laypeople and professionals.

I'm thinking about printing on both sides of my cards. One side will be the typical business card info, and the other will be the steps of CPR. (In a very simple A, B, C format). I'm hoping this will get people to keep the card in their wallet or close by. What do you think?
Kate - that's a great idea and I encourage it -- keep in mind though, that those of us who do biz cards only have a 2"X3" area to work with, and can only fit so much info into a small space on the back of a card.

TAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th July 2007, 10:55 AM   #12
myadvice

I've kept a business card from an out-of-town Chineese Restaraunt in my wallet for several years because it contained a "Tip Schedule" printed on the reverse side. So I guess that the right message on the reverse can encourage at least some people to hold on to the card longer than they normally would.

myadvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Ursus

Default CPR on a business card

Originally Posted by NurseKate
I'm thinking about printing on both sides of my cards. One side will be the typical business card info, and the other will be the steps of CPR. (In a very simple A, B, C format). I'm hoping this will get people to keep the card in their wallet or close by. What do you think?

I think that the CPR on the back of a business card is a great idea.

Tabitha

Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 04:25 PM   #14
siryellow1

Default Yes, great idea. Here's another thought...

Kate, I think that's a very creative idea as it turns your business card into something valuable.

And memorable.

Since your goal is ultimately to get these people to hire you, I also recommend that you clearly define the next action you want your business card recipients to take... some further action that gives you an opportunity to seal the deal or at least share the added value you can provide.

In your case, a great way to do that might be with your website. But rather than just listing it, give them a great reason to actually visit it. For example, you might say:

"For choking and other 3-step tutorials visit: "

or

"For surprising life-saving statistics visit: "

... or something else compelling like that.

Naturally, you'll have a much greater opportunity there to convert your prospect into a client than on your business card!

Best, Alan

siryellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 09:55 AM   #15
proprint1

Default thinking out of box

this is not a new thing, as you know many
Doctors, put appointment schedule on the back,
Mortgage brokers, put list of documents needed on the bach
Restaurant, Free coupons for the next visit
Hair dressers, 10th visit free
Auto repair center, buy 3 tires get the 4th free

the list goes on & on, one important thing however is that once you put the info. on the back, you must at least show it to the client once, so they know it's there.

proprint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 03:50 PM   #16
aaron4unitruth

Love this post....right in my area of expertise. I am a Junior Production Artist for a promotional products manufacturer and have decided to go into business for myself. I have much experience with business cards. I suggest to keep the graphics a bit more simple if a lot of text is to be included. In contrast, if there is little text, go crazy with the graphics, such as adding a simple map to your business.

aaron4unitruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 07:15 AM   #17
mikehende

Hey guys, very informative thread. I am in the process of designing my own business card and would appreciate some help/advice please. I am seeking to have my logo take up the entire front as the background image but problem is that my logo has text in the middle of it from left to right so I am wondering if placing more text like contact info e.t.c would be overkill? If so then I am thinking of placing all contact info on the "back" of the card, is this wise?

mikehende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 02:15 PM   #18
bizcard

Default Old but still relevant

This article is a few years old and a lot has changed in respect to how contact information is being exchanged. Nevertheless it is still relevant. Great read for anyone who wants to create a business card, but does not know what exactly it should contain.

bizcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 02:24 AM   #19
up.louise

The company name, logo, and the contact details are indeed the important parts of the business card. After all, the reason for printing out business cards is to have a constant connection to your clients. It'll just be useless if the contact details are not included.

Last edited by up.louise; 12th June 2009 at 07:38 PM.
up.louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 03:51 AM   #20
Gate2Shop

Send a message via Skype™ to Gate2Shop

The information on your business card should show quality and just enough to get the intrest up. I think the contact information is really important becuase you want them to know your accessible and available to them.

Gate2Shop is offline   Reply With Quote