Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2011, 01:21 PM   #11
William Veasley

Send a message via Skype™ to William Veasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava_camen View Post
thanks for the tips! come to think of it.. I agree that continuous web presence is a good way of marketing because as they recognize you, you also gain their trust through time knowing that you are an active member of a forum or a website.
Hey,

You are right on point!

A good way to think about it is how they have it set up at most top forums. The mire you participate the higher your ranking goes, and the more powerful title you are awarded. That really helps people trust that you know what your talking about, because you have participated and helped out for so long!

Hope that helps!

God bless,
William Veasley

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th February 2011, 12:54 PM   #12
marketbizpro

Local Online Marketing Tips...wow! What a loaded post! This should be exploding with tips and tricks to market a business online...except that most people charge good money to do this type of work. I've got tips galore, but I wouldn't be sure where to start giving them away! I have a very explicit system that I follow with my clients. Maybe a better post topic would be questions folks have about something in particular? That way, those of us with information to impart could answer specific questions. I'd feel better about that, anyway...

marketbizpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 02:48 PM   #13
D. Meyers-Jspot

Hi there, Darcy Meyers here from Jspot advertising in Saskatoon.

Williams tips are almost absolute musts, in my opinion. But there is more to consider then just online local-as technology advances.

I think it is important to recognize the convergence of online marketing, with mobile marketing. That makes things like a site that works well with mobile important. By next year, more people will be accessing the internet through mobile devices than PC's!

It is not just the connectivity the internet now provides, but how that is becoming very powerful on a hyper-local level through mobile. You can now literally be in your customers pockets through their mobile phones.

D. Meyers-Jspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 03:40 AM   #14
KennethLee

Great tips!

One of the other avenues that small business marketers tend to ignore would be PR.

I think a false notion would be that 'I can't really write well, and as such, PR is only for the bigger companies'. This is something I hear a lot in my line of work.

Rule of thumb is that as long as you have an interesting story angle, and a good media kit, you'll be surprised that stories do actually get picked up. This is more so in the digital world, now that we have more online magazines, blogs, portals to pitch your story to.

Just my opinion.

Regards
Kenneth Lee

KennethLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 03:51 AM   #15
LloydBurrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.Franklin View Post
For instance...in your title tags and adwords use Tampa used cars, Used cars in Tampa...Tampa new cars...New cars in Tampa.
I would go beyond that. Local places of interest, local brands, local... jokes, stories, etc. may prove extremely useful, but they must be used with moderation to bring you the traffic you're looking for.

Old 29th March 2011, 01:24 PM   #16
George Roth

Hi William,

The 1st thing I would do, make or have made a website for your business. By using LSI keywords in your content, you have a great chance to put your website on the first pages of Google in a short period of time.

Using this free tool, you start by typing in your main keyword. Then set it for 10 results from Google.

Next, exclude words with less than 4 letters. Then click Submit Query, and let the tool do it's thing.

It will return keywords, 2 and 3 keyword phrases with the amount of times each was used in the top 10 websites on the first page of Google. The tool can be found at http://www.lsikeywords.com

Then, just use these words and phrases NATURALLY in the content of your website.

Hope this helps.
George

Last edited by Logan; 4th April 2011 at 01:26 PM.
George Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 04:25 PM   #17
William Veasley

Send a message via Skype™ to William Veasley
Default Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava_camen View Post
thanks for the tips! come to think of it.. I agree that continuous web presence is a good way of marketing because as they recognize you, you also gain their trust through time knowing that you are an active member of a forum or a website.
Hey Ava,

Before really getting serious about your online venture you should find and avatar and stick with it. I'm not saying that you have to stick with it forever, but for a fair amount of time. Your on to a great point. When people start seeing your avatar all over the place they will be able to pick you out of the crowd. If you are truely serious pick a avatar you know will never get old. The longer you keep your avatar, and the more people that will always be able to pick you out.

God bless,
William Veasley

Old 12th April 2011, 02:46 PM   #18
cyberjunkie

Default Re: Local Online Marketing Tips

Hi.

I'm Gilmore from Mpumalanga, South Africa (using William's tip ... great tip, thanks William)

Besides high ranking in search engines (SEO), online marketing is all about building bridges, building bridges, and building more bridges.

The first step for building bridges is to compile a comprehensive research on where your potential customers go to when online. Which websites and blogs are they visiting? What social networking platforms are they using? Which newsletters are they reading? Which forums and groups are they joining? Then look closely at their discussions. What information are they looking for? What problems are they experiencing? What needs do they have. The idea is then to start building bridges (links) from these places to your website, and to start interacting with these people regularly, to offer them valuable information and solutions to their problems. Keep doing that and you will get visitors to your sites.

More methods for building backlinks (I like to call them bridges):
  • Article writing: Writing relevant, interesting and informational articles and submitting them to Article Directories. All these articles include links to your website.
  • Social media like Facebook & Twitter.
  • Youtube videos
  • Social bookmarking.
  • Commenting in groups, forums & blogs.
  • Free online classifieds.
  • Hubpages
  • Link exchange.
Also something to think about: Giving something of value away for free, is often worth more then the money you could have received if you sold it.

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 12th April 2011 at 03:44 PM.
cyberjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote