Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th September 2010, 10:48 AM   #1
dsteele

Default Best Way To Get Started In Facebook?

What is the best way to get started with facebook make a fan page for your site? I'm just confused as to how to get started with marketing through facebook. So any information at this point would be helpful

dsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th September 2010, 04:04 AM   #2
howtofranchiseg

It's really nice idea for creating Facebook page for your website.

Just create a basic fan page as directed by Facebook. Than try to update it regularly with some really helpful post and send invitations to all your friends in Facebook.

Also, once you done with creating FB page, try to include that in your website too so that people visiting your site may hit your Facebook page also.

Hope this may help you. Good Luck.

howtofranchiseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 11:27 AM   #3
phanio
VIP Contributor

Just get started and start learning as you go. Plus, what other facebook sites you would like to emulate and do what they do.

Old 6th September 2010, 12:34 PM   #4
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Unfortunately the best way to get started is just to try things until you find what works. I ended up deleting everything several times.

I highly recommend HyperArts as a great source of information. You need to have tried a few things so you have an idea of what they are talking about. Friend to them on Facebook and then you can keep up with the changes that facebook is making.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 03:50 PM   #5
davidbkeegan

I find that people have the best luck making a fan page and just adding all your current customers. Their friends will see that they've added you on their feed and you'll get new customers just from checking your fan page

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Entreprenette

Hi dsteele,

My name is Jo Barnes and after recently researching how to get a fan page built and promoted, I was bowled over by the extortionate prices people are charging. I presume due to the air of 'mystery' still hanging over fan pages.

So over the last few weeks I have been using and testing facebook and fan pages to what works and what doesn't and decided to record some FREE training videos on, Creating a Fan Page, Adding a List Building Landing Page including Video and Graphics, Promoting the Page and eventually Monetizing it. I also built a template to automate the creation of the landing page to get over the FBML coding complications for all us normal non-techie types!!

I'm in the middle of this series, and have released Videos 1 & 2, Video 3 should be available by the end of this week. I'm also holding a FREE webinar about the same tonight!

Anyway, if you'd like to have a look, it's all Free, no sales pitches or catches - (I'm just trying to build a reputation), then please go over to my fan page and check them out.

Regards

Jo

Entreprenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 10:47 PM   #7
webmate

Take a look at hubspot.com, they have some free guides on setting up a Facebook page for a business.

webmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 11:16 PM   #8
martoons

Send a message via Skype™ to martoons

Yes I agree with the other comments you really just want to get started with Facebook by just being you, mentioning things you like, adding photos of what you're doing, sharing stuff, etc...being real is best...build it up from there...when you come across a website that really grabs you...share it on your Facebook page...and by the way, try to get your own Facebook.com/yourname if you can...Hope that helps. m

martoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 12:01 AM   #9
luxuria

Feel free to friend me there, I'm Kayla Block.

Once you get 25 fans for your page, you can get your own url.

luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote