Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th December 2011, 07:51 AM   #11
Diane Seltzer

In my opinion a starter website with basic functionality for ecommerce and only 10 pages doesn't necessarily have to cost hundreds or thousands... and it doesn't necessarily have to look unprofessional if you are not spending a lot.

Try some free trials of website builders to get an idea of what you can do for only about $20-30 a month (no upfront). If you feel you can't create something professional with a website builder then go the route of professional website development services.

You can go to my site and look under WEBSITE to see tools that you might want to consider for free trials.

Old 5th December 2011, 06:11 PM   #12
gxjenkins

Default Your ebusiness website

I think the best way is to build your own site, but you don't have to go that way.
There are lots of Free Cart software and some of them are getting pretty easy to use. You could save yourself a ton of money looking into that.
You could also check with someplace like ezdropship
http://www.ezdropship.com they are just one place that will build and supply your store for you for a monthly fee.

Hope this helps.
Gary

gxjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 09:35 AM   #13
Diane Seltzer

Gary I agree. If you have a site where you only need to sell a few items, services like PayPal can give you simple Buy Now or Add to Cart functionality.

But if you want to create more of an online ecommerce store with products, inventory management, etc. then a website builder with ecommerce module is your best low-cost way to go.

Old 15th April 2012, 01:10 AM   #14
imagodev

Send a message via Skype™ to imagodev

One solution is to use existing free e-commerce script and have it customized. That will save you some dollars. You can hire a web developer to do this for you. Prepare a budget between $1,500 to $5,000. It can even be higher if you require more features.

Take a look at Magento. You will love it.

Old 23rd April 2012, 02:15 PM   #15
denise1000

Default How Much Will An Ecommerce Site Cost Me?

roughly 3000.00 for what youre looking for go to either of one of these websites vworker or elance

denise1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 07:39 PM   #16
tobuso

Are you also going to be taking credit cards?

tobuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 08:12 PM   #17
imagodev

Send a message via Skype™ to imagodev

I think they should be able to accept credit card payments. Otherwise, that will be a significant loss in customers.

We wish you well.

Old 30th April 2012, 08:14 PM   #18
tobuso

We can help you get setup if you need to. It can be difficult to get approved with ecommerce and if you do get approved they will give you ridiculous rates, reserves, and maximums. Call us if you have any questions 864-735-5366

tobuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 06:15 PM   #19
Ryanloop

Hi wyliee,

It depends whether you are using an existing CMS to set it up. Today most hosting companies offer cheap ecommerce solutions (which however aren't always usable for you or your clients).

Hosting is also a cheap commodity nowadays (starting from as little as $4/month), which will allow you to host a Zen-Cart, OS Commerce, CubeCart, Joomla or WordPress based ecommerce website cost effectively. However, if you need control of server settings, the price of hosting will go up, because you will need dedicated server hosting. Godaddy.com, hostgator.com and oneandone.com are all good hosts for these purposes.

Another option is to get an esources membership, you get unlimited hosted ecommerce websites, and access to the web's largest database of verified trade wholesalers and drop shippers

Hope this helps

Old 8th June 2012, 09:41 PM   #20
DROID

Go to shopify.com or volusion.com . Everything is pre-built and integrated for you. You can buy apps (on shopify) that will allow you to add more features.

DROID is offline   Reply With Quote