Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th June 2016, 07:43 AM   #21
Brynn Thorne

SEO is the solution to your problem my friend. Take advantage of social media to promote your blog.

Brynn Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st June 2016, 01:58 AM   #22
dannbarbery

Start by updating your blog regularly in order for it to be worthy enough to your audience. After that, start to visit other blogs as well and try to comment relevantly not just for the purpose of promoting yours. You can use social media also to promote your site by creating a page that can attract followers or likers.

Old 29th July 2016, 08:12 PM   #23
lorencemerk

I think you should know your niche well first. Make sure you only add useful articles something that is engaging to your readers. You should know well how to market it through different channels where you can find potential visitors to your blog.

lorencemerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 11:09 PM   #24
Sean Vangill

Default Don't Be Spammy Be Informative

One thing people hate is spam. If your content is well written and relevant then feel free to share to forums (where it makes sense or answers a specific question being asked). And don't just link drop but create some new content around the link that proves context for what the link is and how it is relevant.

Social media is also your friend in promoting your blog. Share it as much as you can and try and get other people to share it. Use creative hashtags to get it in front of targeted audiences and if you have the budget try a paid marketing campaign while you are at it.

Sean Vangill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 08:31 PM   #25
BloggingSteps

There are many ways to promote you blog. Here are 3 things you can start with:

1. Social Media: Set up profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
2. Blog Comments: Leave insightful comments on other blogs and leave a link where people can read more.
3. Search Engines: Getting traffic from search engines can take time, but make sure you take care of basic SEO so you set your blog up for success.

BloggingSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 06:51 AM   #26
LrenceM

There are so many ways to promote a blog. I would like to know if it's a personal blog, business blog, tech blog etcetera? It's important to know your audience first your target people to be exact. You can promote your blog through social media, blogs on related niche and search engines.

LrenceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 05:46 AM   #27
Sunali Rajput

This is my experience.

I don't think that promoting a website or posts you publish really works.

There are hundreds of other blogs competing for the same keywords.

There is very little attention from customers too.

I would rather focus on getting a small group of regular followers, and they could help bring more followers through their personal connections.

Sunali Rajput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 06:17 AM   #28
LrenceM

Focus on quality and promote it to the right people. I know I already said my piece of advice but do not so focus on promoting it specially if you're blog is new.

LrenceM is offline   Reply With Quote