Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th June 2011, 10:10 AM   #51
WaspBarcode_B.

We love using WordPress for our small business blog, because of its robust set of plugins. There are plugins such as Digg-Digg to help your viewers share your great content as well as All-In-One SEO to increase its visibility in the search engines. No matter what you're trying to accomplish with your blog, there's likely a plugin to get the job done.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th June 2011, 01:55 PM   #52
eleison

Wordpress is better if SEO is your concern. However, you need to have a standalone domain to be able to use the full functionality of this CMS. There are LOTS of helpful plugins, and the interface is generally easy to use.

I like Blogger for no-frills blogging, I don't even care much about hosting it on blogspot.

eleison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 06:24 AM   #53
Ebony2009rb

Default Wordpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySmallBiz View Post
Which is better to use?
Good question. I have been using WordPress for a couple of months now after becoming fed up with blogger. WP is so much more user friendly and versatile. It can though be quite technical in the outset. This is okay if you have time to search all the news, I actually bought this series of Webinars for $97 from

http://www.buildingwordpress.com

I never really buy anything but this has saved me months of time and I have built websites for other people using this very dynamic platform.
Hope this helps,
Kindly,
Tim

Ebony2009rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 06:27 AM   #54
3Aces

Send a message via Skype™ to 3Aces

As most ppl said over here...
1. Wordpress gives you (almost) complete control over your blog. You control the domain name, the hosting, the content, the layout and possibly everything else you can think of.
2. Wordpress has a wide range of solution programs in its plugins. For almost anything that you may need, there is almost always a plugin freely available.
4. Wordpress is great for SEO with its tags and stuff.
5. Wordpress blogs look so much like websites that the words "site" and "blog" is beginning to be used interchangeably.
6. If you have 10 dollars a month to spare you can have a great wp blog standing in a minute. If you just have $1.99 for a month's expense you can still have a blog up ... only you'll have to do the dirty work yourself and host on a free hosting.

Blogger:
1. FREE FREE FREE
2. EASY
3. CONVENIENT
4. LIKE A 2 MINUTE NOODLE - READY IN NO TIME BUT ALWAYS TASTES THE SAME.

In my view, blogger is for those who wish to actually blog without caring for a profit (you can still make a buck on it if your blog is good enough). Wordpress is for more serious and business minded bloggers. I would recommend WP any day.

3Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 06:02 AM   #55
nehadas87

Only you can judge what you need and which blogging solution would best fit that purpose. Each of these blogging services has their own pros and cons, but ultimately at the end of the day your blogs success rides on how well you market it, and how good your content is.

Regards...
Neha das

nehadas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 11:37 AM   #56
Ted GWL

I think your question is a little ambiguous. Are you asking about Blogger.com versus Wordpress.com? Or are you asking whether you are better off with a stand alone blog running Wordpress as a content management system?

If your question is Blogger.com vs. Wordpress.com then my answer without a doubt is Blogger.com. I know that opinion is contrary to what others have written. But, here is why.

You tend to see a lot more www.whatever.blogspot.com websites listed in the search results than you see from whateveryournameis.wordpress.com.

In fact, I hardly ever see a blog hosted on Wordpress.com actually ranking in the results at all. So I would take Blogger.com anyday. There are other reasons too that would be far to complicated to explain in this little thread comment.

On the otherhand, if you are aksing if you should use Blogger or a self hosted blog running Wordpress content management system, then my vote is 100% for the stand alone Wordpress blog.

Hope that all makes sense.

Old 14th September 2011, 06:52 PM   #57
dancorkill

Send a message via Skype™ to dancorkill

Wordpress on your own domain hands down.

If you spend time building links and traffic to yourbusiness.wordpress.com or yourbusiness.blogger.com, your account can be shut down at any time and there is virtually nothing you can do. You should always own your own domains and content.

Old 21st September 2011, 02:48 AM   #58
kalyptra

wordpress

use both it's also fine

kalyptra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 09:34 PM   #59
numeric

I like wordpress because it's more flexible in design.

I've worked on two websites already and re-engineered the websites. You can do your own designs and have a better aesthetic website compared to blogger.

numeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 01:38 AM   #60
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Aces View Post
In my view, blogger is for those who wish to actually blog without caring for a profit (you can still make a buck on it if your blog is good enough). Wordpress is for more serious and business minded bloggers. I would recommend WP any day.
I agree, even though I love the clean beautiful simplicity of blogspot.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote