Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th December 2011, 12:04 PM   #1
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
Exclamation Make Your Blog More Successful!

Folks,

Today Everybody wants to make his blog more successful ,attractive and user free. You want, then there is nothing to worry about it, its very easy to make your blog successful. Here some suggestion how to having successful Blog the following are the points which can make your blog successful

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:50 PM   #2
mattlilly

Default Making a Blog Successful

1) Have great content. Give readers something that they aren't getting somewhere else.

2) Write content that stands the test of time: If you write about tine-specific news (for example about a conference), then it won't be very useful beyond a few weeks. Write pieces that can useful to a reader who comes to your site from Search Engines two years from now.

Old 3rd January 2012, 10:50 PM   #3
babeenivn

Yes , great tips , thank you so much

Old 23rd February 2012, 02:29 PM   #4
iamlegend

Mattlilly brings up a great point. Unique content is a big thing. I also think that the title of the blog matters a lot too. I'd be more prone to clicking on a blog post with a creative title as opposed to a bland one. I also think adding image(s) to the blog helps a lot as well.

iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:36 PM   #5
Jenneez

I'm a bit new to the blogging thing myself and I think if you have some videos and fun widgets, this could probably make it more interesting as well. What about adding contest and freebies, this sounds great, but sounds like this could be a bit time consuming and challenging if the freebies aren't like the content, timeless. Anyone have experience with giving out freebies on your blog or having some contest or maybe games or chat options for visitors? If so how is it working out for you time~wise?
Anyway, I've come across a few blogs that have these kinds of things, but not sure how to add all this kind of technical stuff,so I'm trying to learn some HTML and techy stuff so can move some things around better on my website and blogs... Great tips in here

Jenneez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 09:37 AM   #6
HCChris

Jenneez, I'm not quite sure what you have already; but you should look into Wordpress. It is a very good content management system, especially for blogs. It will allow you to manage a lot of your blog without having to code anything. However, I would strongly advise trying to learn at least a little HTML.

Wordpress probably has plugins (it has a lot of 3rd party development) that can help you realize those ideas.

HCChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 04:03 AM   #7
bizmaverick

Hi The secret in blogging is when you provide "gospel truth" like writings which significantly means that you're making the readers transcend and immerse themselves to what you have been sharing. Too complicated words may not be necessary, make it simple as possible

bizmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 08:20 PM   #8
mohamednegm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlilly View Post
1) Have great content. Give readers something that they aren't getting somewhere else.

2) Write content that stands the test of time: If you write about tine-specific news (for example about a conference), then it won't be very useful beyond a few weeks. Write pieces that can useful to a reader who comes to your site from Search Engines two years from now.

I strongly agree people should get new tips that are unique, This article is like blogging is a way of sharing information, Please provide something that is useful with no offence.

mohamednegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 12:28 AM   #9
Kevin Smtih

In my opinion, if you are running blog then you should have original content in your blog. Secondly, you optimized your blog frequently because optimization is necessarily for any site either its blog or site.

Old 12th September 2012, 04:46 PM   #10
NormanAvila

Some people think that blogging is too easy and needs no work, only a bit of work on startup. This is the big fail there.

You need to be constantly innovative, you need to follow the latest trends, you need to keep up with the news day by day. Your content must be unique, must be of high quality written to high standards. You should also spend time and even money on making your blog more popular to attract more readers.

NormanAvila is offline   Reply With Quote