Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd April 2015, 07:14 AM   #31
Jacki

The timing varies for me on my blog posts as it depends on how much I run across issues. It is a technical tips blog, and I tend to post how to fix things that I had to fix so that I do not have to figure it out again when it inevitably crops up again.

I try to post a minimum of two posts per month. Sometimes I have three or four posts in a row, same day or successive days. I think I have at most seven posts in a month.

I truly believe your content should dictate your posting frequency. If you are a general news site and not posting throughout the day, then you are not posting enough articles. If your blog's purpose is news about your company, you may only have one or two posts a month, and perhaps have some months with no news at all.

Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:48 AM   #32
kabarovsky

I blog twice per week. Monday and Thursday 9AM.

kabarovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 12:05 PM   #33
matthew86

I post an article twice a week. I think it's a perfect regularity not to seem annoying but still keep my visitors.

Old 9th June 2015, 11:59 PM   #34
Vida Rinaldi

Hi, I only tried once but I was not able to pursue because of my busy schedules but how I wish to write interesting topics this time

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 12:28 AM   #35
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Torka already differentiate between blog and posts. One of the most important thing in posting is we provide the needs of our targeted audience that will benefit them in many ways.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:47 AM   #36
JoeInTheMiddle

I would say it all depends on your purpose, your business and your customers. Not to mention your marketing plan for getting people to review your blog posts.

I have clients that only update it twice, sometimes just once, a month and it's doing just fine for them. Others seem to update it pretty much every other day. But then again, they spend a lot of time promoting their website through multiple different channels.

Although more frequent is generally better, if you're eating into time that could otherwise be spent better (or are sacrificing quality for quantity) you should consider cutting back and focus on other aspects of your business/blog.

JoeInTheMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 03:47 AM   #37
kabarovsky

I'm publishing articles twice a week (as I said above), but one guy just told me how he is worried about that. He says how people weaken their site's internal link structure with new content all the time (depends on how your website is setup though). He asked also does my niche require me to publish that often.

What do you think of this?

kabarovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 04:10 AM   #38
Erin Nagata

I update my blog with the newest report or something new about men's world that can help men in their walk through life that is three times a week.

Erin Nagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 03:46 AM   #39
RDWM

Everything I've read suggests that a few times a week is best...

Old 4th February 2016, 05:49 AM   #40
BenDorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy16 View Post
How often do you write blogs for your site?
It depends on your purposes of writing blogs. For example, of you need additional traffic low-frequent. So update the blog as much as you need. The main thing you should do - is to optimize your articles and follow thy are in cache of Google. Then follow their rankings after they enter to the cache. 2-3 article per week will be enough. But also, look for your competitors and your purposes. If you want to rank higher than them - keep in mind how much they refresh their content.

BenDorio is offline   Reply With Quote