Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th December 2006, 09:13 AM   #1
joseph_675
Banned

Default Starting New Business

Hey Iím starting on a new business for myself. Iím not sure I want to restrict myself to just ONE thing. Itís gonna plunge into a business which has a bright prospect. I am just collecting information from market and friends so that I can decide and start off ASAP.
Iím not yet even legal age to drink yet so Iím really just trying to research a lot of stuff on my own right now. Already have a website up to incorporate e-commerce into it. Already have a great location but having a hard time finding a good distributor for computer parts.

Anyone who owns a business or even knowledge of business running successfully may advice for a novice like me?

joseph_675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th December 2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Welcome aboard

As part of your planning and preparation I would work on creating a good business plan.

Old 29th December 2006, 11:23 PM   #3
netdebut

Don't worry Joseph, I was able to buy a house before I could even legally drink as well. You just gotta continue doing the research and learn directly from those who are running the same business as you. You don't have to copy them word for word just reflect their concept and turn it into your own.

netdebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 05:11 PM   #4
athak

Quote:
...but having a hard time finding a good distributor for computer parts.
So you would like to go into the computer parts business? ... is that what you're saying?

athak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 03:28 PM   #5
bigtimecash33

Hello i have some experience running a business i would say just keep researching and take your time and dont rush into things.Plus keep
notes and check out this forum as much as you can.Thanks

bigtimecash33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 02:11 AM   #6
kalyptra

if you want to start a business, you need to know what kind of business you want to have. so first you need to specify what are your interest, the resources around you and how much time you can devout for it. capital is a must too.

so if you are looking around for a good business, try to focus first at what you want to do and follow its possibilities.

kalyptra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 01:05 AM   #7
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi!

Quote:
Already have a great location but having a hard time finding a good distributor for computer parts.
I am having a hard time figuring out why you're having a hard time!?!?

Computer business? Like... uh... aren't there 100's of distributors out there? Besides, what problems are you having??

If its something like they want you to purchase $XXX and you don't want to, well, welcome to the real world. That's one way to protect existing customers.

Also... why can't you have more then one supplier? Most companies do. One supplier backs up the other.

Understanding a little more about what problems you're having in getting a distributor would help.

Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote