Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th May 2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Guy Braun

Send a message via Yahoo to Guy Braun
Default Tips On Printing

Hello all,

I've been advertising in Trucker magazines recently, trying to get the name out for the company. We sell every type of clothing garment you can think off - including medical kits. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for print advertisement?

This is my site if you want to get a good idea of my company:
psas.co.nz

Kind Regards,

Guy

Guy Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th May 2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Clarity14

Hi Guy - looks like you have a substantial range of products - and I'm sure at competitive prices (which is a brilliant start) but what's your killer proposition to a specific target group? You seem to be servicing all areas. Is there a way you can get some personal stories in there of why people should deal with you/

Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook initially for the students at his university and the 50 Shades of Grey book series was originally vampire erotica. They captured a specific market and got conversations going. How could you do the same.

A story people can relate to like "A $22 PSAS safety vest saved my life" real story starts to engage with people. Because people wear your clothing (often) all day, every day - there must be stories you can use to gain attention.
Hope this helps
Chris

Clarity14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 12:11 PM   #3
floyd.figueroa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Braun View Post
Hello all,

I've been advertising in Trucker magazines recently, trying to get the name out for the company. We sell every type of clothing garment you can think off - including medical kits. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for print advertisement?

This is my site if you want to get a good idea of my company:
psas.co.nz

Kind Regards,

Guy
I'd try to place your ads in some niche specific newspapers and magazines.
As you've mentioned, you have medical kits for good prices. So place your ad in a medical magazine where your target audience is.

floyd.figueroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 11:15 AM   #4
problem solver

Thumbs up

Guy, there is an art and science to print advertising. If your goal is to outshine your competitors and attract new customers, whatís truly important is that you understand how to create an effective print advertisement. To help, I've listed below several tips that we use when designing print advertisements.

1. Know your audience
2. Attention grabbing headline
3. Unique selling proposition (USP)
4. Debunk myths
5. Ask for the sale

problem solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015, 07:32 AM   #5
pattersonsteve3

Establish an identity for your business through print advertising and ensure success of your company there are several ways of marketing but selecting printing for yor business plays important role.
Business cards,Brochures,Notepad,Letter Heads,Posters can play very important role to Brand your business and also can power your products and services to reperesent in distinguished way.

Old 6th July 2015, 09:00 AM   #6
Celin_G

You can post signs or banners outside your shop or areas where traffic is good for people to see. You can also create mini designs of your products in magnets, labels, or stickers. You can give them to your clients as extra giveaways for purchasing your products. Ensure that you get your name printed on the graphic items. You can also use car wraps or car decals to post your brand, including your contact details. You advertise your shop all over the city when you go driving.