Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th January 2014, 08:32 AM   #31
elegantmw

SEO is getting more complicated these days. You create back links but you are unsure when it will be crawled. PPC is effective as it runs real time. Spend money and get results.

elegantmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th January 2014, 04:30 PM   #32
pbjoachim

It comes down to acquisition cost for me. How much does it cost me to get a lead/sale via PPC vs SEO. How much are you paying your SEO consultant or firm and how many leads/sales do you get per month off the web? That is very important to follow and understand. Then you can more fairly compare PPC vs SEO costs and effectiveness.

pbjoachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 12:57 PM   #33
John Alfred

I think SEO is more beneficial as it contains many different strategies to attract the visitors than PPC. As far as I know I would always favour SEO for best results.

John Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 07:49 PM   #34
pbjoachim

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alfred View Post
I think SEO is more beneficial as it contains many different strategies to attract the visitors than PPC. As far as I know I would always favour SEO for best results.
When SEO is done well it has some serious lasting power and can brings leads long after you've done your campaign. PPC is only effective as long as you're paying(and creating a proper campaign)

pbjoachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 06:16 AM   #35
saytouqeer

PPC and SEO are both the important part of the digital marketing. And its my opinion that we have tried both for our online business.

saytouqeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 02:22 AM   #36
Cindy16

Go for SEO but be ready to give attention to Social Media Marketing too. PPC is costly though.

Old 14th February 2014, 04:24 PM   #37
MWCC TC

I would say that they both have their benefits.

PPC is instant traffic but you have to pay for it, and sometimes you pay a lot per click.

SEO will get you ranked over time and if done right can get you stuck in the top 3 for a while and send an unlimited amount of traffic to your website for free.

You can hire someone or a company to do your SEO to ensure you won't get any penalties. We hire a company for our websites and they seem to do the job. They tell us what to expect and how long it will normally take to get the rankings. They usually get the rankings for the keywords we want but if they think it will be difficult they will tell us before they even start. Some of my keywords took 6-8 months before I saw myself in the top 3. Granted these are extremely difficult keywords to rank for.

So in the end it's best to use PPC and SEO at the same time. Use PPC right out the gate and you will get a decent amount of traffic each day depending on what your budget is. Use SEO asap but don't go to big right at the start because you could get penalized. You can then reduce your PPC budget down the road when you start getting ranked for your main keywords.

MWCC TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 11:02 AM   #38
max909

It really just depends on your budget. Obviously, PPC is instant but requires constant management in order to make sure that you don't go over your budget and once you do go over your budget the traffic stops just as quickly as it started.

As for SEO, it is extremely time consuming however, you can control or at least effect more organic results. You're going to have to invest what you can't invest financially, in time and be patient because the progress can be really slow. I prefer SEO because I don't see the point in creating a huge budget to compete with my competitors.

Good luck,

Max

max909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 01:28 PM   #39
TimmyGriffin

Guys, check this article out on the subject

What Can SEOs Do That No Other Marketer Can?

http://moz.com/rand/what-can-seos-do...-marketer-can/

cheers

TimmyGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 02:02 AM   #40
trade80silks

Default SEO is good

HI

I think seo is good because for PPC we have to pay continuously and it wil be for only specific area..

In seo , we can get over all trafic and keyword search.

Thanks

trade80silks is offline   Reply With Quote