Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th July 2013, 06:07 AM   #21
Andy Choc

They are both good, however SEO doesn't have to cost you anything if you do it yourself whereas PPC can be quite expensive.

Andy Choc is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th October 2013, 03:47 AM   #22
Jessicacis

Both are good PPC and SEO, You can use PPC when you have highly competitive keywords and nice budget. If you have low or medium competitive keywords and have patience then you can go for SEO.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 03:35 PM   #23
LGCG

It's very telling that this user was banned. Any time I see someone post something generic like "whats better seo or ppc" I automatically assume it's spam.

Old 8th October 2013, 03:50 AM   #24
Books 2 Taxes

I would utilize both, but make sure you become very familiar with PPC or hire someone who is trustworthy to do it. I really like what Adwords has done with their new platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahwilson View Post
Hello Guys,
Please suggest me which on is best way to promote a news website, PPC or SEO? help me to choose best one.
Thanks.

Books 2 Taxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 09:48 PM   #25
michelleethridg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettac View Post
There is no comparison in these two marketing channel. It is depending upon industry you are promoting.

Lets say, if you are having ecommerce website, i would follow below plan:
  • For first 6 months, i will invest 70% in PPC and 30% in SEO
  • For next 6 Months, i will descrese budget in PPC and increase in SEO
  • after that, i will analyze ROI and accordingly invest in particular channel
Both are equally important for any business but one have to invest wisely.
best advise so far. combining the two makes a lot of sense. however if you're a one man team with very little experience, this can be very hard to accomplish. SEO is time consuming and you have to do this while running a business

michelleethridg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 11:22 PM   #26
jaysh4922

SEO and PPC are two different ways of promoting a website . in seo as we know we list our website in various search engines and we look after the site ranking in the search engine, by maintaining our site by looks , info, content, performance etc. and other things like submitting links of our site to other related sites. but in PPC which is called pay per click we pay for the as many as clicks, our site viewers click the site, and we pay for the ads we made in other sites, this is also a way of promoting the site, other ways are blogging , writing article about our site, joining forums, etc.

jaysh4922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 04:09 PM   #27
the-know-how

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Do both. PPC at the start of business until you get ranked for SEO. This will help you to survive in online market.
that is paying others to click on your website or a link that will redirect to one's website? i have seen so many ways to promote a website, people even uploaded cool pictures on a site for downloading wallpapers or anything, and as soon you click on it bam you find yourself on some web site that has no connection to the picture, other than the link i would say SEO is the best way to promote

the-know-how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2013, 04:28 PM   #28
t1tutos

seo of course
visitors from google = $$
i haven't never use PPC

t1tutos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 07:00 AM   #29
mindfires

Send a message via Skype™ to mindfires

I would like to say that SEO and PPC both have their own ways of attracting traffic. PPC is instant whereas SEO takes time to show results but, both are effective. If you have the funds to execute your PPC campaigns, then it is easier to reach out to your target audiences whereas through SEO you have to pull your audiences. But, in both cases your keywords should be appropriate.

Final words: SEO is good to execute as you will get return for long. PPC you may execute if you have the funds with you. But, to start with go with PPC and as you see your SEO efforts giving results you can stop PPC if you want.

mindfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 04:54 AM   #30
gmrwebteam

PPC( pay per click) and SEO(search engine optimization) both are boost traffic to our website. PPC provided by Google Adwords.
Both are good but it depends on your need and budget. If you have budget and want to result fast than choose PPC.
If you want to long lasting result than choose SEO. It is free but it takes time.

gmrwebteam is offline   Reply With Quote