Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th May 2013, 08:27 AM   #11
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

While I agree with everyone that SEO in general is better, I just want to clarify one thing:

For a new website, I feel that PPC is better for some quick wins. Although while you're running that PPC campaign, be sure to dedicate some time to SEO. PPC will help you get traffic early on while you build organic traffic.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th May 2013, 01:47 PM   #12
roneidaselva

Default Which Is Best PPC Or SEO?

Its depends on your business. If you have business something like large shipping charge, or single products , do not need to put PPC. You wont get benefit of that. If you have discount offers or bulk sale and will get large sale profit then ofcourse you should chose the PPC . For rest of business SEO is always a great option for long term .

roneidaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 07:38 PM   #13
MAsBro

If you're trying to decide which one to do, I think the suggestion is to go with PPC at first and use SEO as a long term traffic solution. Keep in mind that PPC gets better with time as you narrow your keywords and split test your landing pages and ads. the more you test, the better it will get.

Be careful though with PPC. My experience is that many business owners engage in an Adwords campaign and get frustrated because it doesn't seem to work for them. Adwords is a very robust system and is a bit complicated for the novice user. The reason is that it is designed with so much capability that it's difficult to know how to refine your campaigns. You should consider using a professional Adwords consultant. A good one will have you making money.

MAsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 03:32 AM   #14
Beth Worthy

As per my suggestion, things which is needed to be considered while choosing for SEO or PPC campaign for your website such as
How large is the website advertising budget?
How high are the average CPC's in the industry?
How competitive are the SERPs in the business niche?

Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 07:59 AM   #15
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Worthy View Post
As per my suggestion, things which is needed to be considered while choosing for SEO or PPC campaign for your website such as
How large is the website advertising budget?
How high are the average CPC's in the industry?
How competitive are the SERPs in the business niche?
I would say as long as your average value per conversion is higher than your cost, PPC is a smart move.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 08:03 AM   #16
scottbaird

Both have their own importance and both are good for online promotion of the website. SEO is helpful for long run and PPC is useful for short term results. SEO results need time but they last long.

scottbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 08:33 AM   #17
Abhinandan Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahwilson View Post
Hello Guys,
Please suggest me which on is best way to promote a news website, PPC or SEO? help me to choose best one.
Thanks.
It's depend on how much you can spend ? PPC will each whatever you have in your pocket.. But don't know about the ROI (I'm not expert in PPC)

SEO will take some time but once you get result you will receive high ROI and you will be happy with the decision

Also, you can try PPC for few month and see what happening

Abhinandan Garg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 09:31 PM   #18
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

PPC is faster than SEO to gain traffic. But you need money to pay for each ad click. But the charge is usually a dollar and you can turn this off if you like.

It's better to combine with organic SEO to double your chances.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 11:49 AM   #19
LGCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthervision23 View Post
PPC is faster than SEO to gain traffic. But you need money to pay for each ad click. But the charge is usually a dollar and you can turn this off if you like.

It's better to combine with organic SEO to double your chances.
Agreed. I would especially say that you should start with PPC if it's a newer website. SEO takes time to take off. At which point you can scale back PPC.

LGCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:49 PM   #20
Mo.AdFountain

Send a message via Skype™ to Mo.AdFountain

I guess it's best to do both if your budget can do both.

SEO is usually for long term, so starting today is better than starting tomorrow.

PPC can generate you a lot of traffic in no time, so if you have enough budget you can start with it and test your landing page setup, conversions, etc.

Mo.AdFountain is offline   Reply With Quote