Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th November 2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Bukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmarcus View Post
Just remember, every page on your site is a potential landing page. Get the SEO part right to start and definitely do some PPC the first 3-6 months of a new site, but then change things up. Most people do the same stuff over and over. Change your ad copy monthly. Change the landing page every once in a while. Research shows most web buyers hit a site 3 times before they buy.
I agree you do have to change things up often, but like someone said earlier, using every page on your site as a landing page may not be the best idea. I usually create landing pages with no navigation, even if I am essentially duplicating the content on the original page.

I also noindex specific landing pages because I edit them all the time, and I'm not necessarily trying to rank them. Does anyone else do this?

Bukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th December 2010, 11:52 AM   #22
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Absolutley Not!

That would never work for me (not having links from landing page) but my business model may be completley different than yours, why you wouldnt want to try to rank is puzzling to me as well. As a website owner that is what strive for every day.

Very interesting. I would change my pages that often, just for change sake. I would update if the content needs to be updated or I am trying to optimize the page for SEO.

Instead of completing chaning the one page, why dont you create additional pages?

Old 5th December 2010, 02:48 PM   #23
Lou

Default Bravo.....

Good stuff folks, very informative and direct. I will tag this thread and refer back often as I stumble along.

I thank all of you in advance for putting up with me.

Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 03:22 AM   #24
yellow01

SEO and ppc is both is used for increase the traffic on website so both is good.

yellow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 06:45 AM   #25
nikole95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestcs View Post
SEO
Pros : 1) No worry on click frauds
2) Large number of visitors ->economy of scale

Cons : 1) Search Engines Algo keep changing affecting SEO.
2) Takes time to get top ranking

PPC
Pros : 1) Immediate result, fast ranking
2) Long tail keywords are more economical compare to SEO

Cons : 1) Cost will be relative high if people keep bidding for certain keywords
2) Click fraud always a problem

Conclusion : SEO and PPC have different market segment. I personally think PPC is more suitable for long tail keywords while SEO is more suitable for core business /more generic keywords.
you are absolutely correct but for PPC especially for ecommerce you need to make sure you have a big budget or you'll blow through your stash like nothing...if you don't know what you are doing

nikole95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 05:28 AM   #26
TilenKrivec

Both. Always.

SEO and PPC are not mutually exclusive

I cringe every time i see this ppc vs seo debate, where people argue which is better. Its like trying to figure out if peanut butter is better than jelly. I don't care, i'll have both!

Do SEO, you can't really go wrong with free traffic.
Do PPC, and monitor closely for profitability. It will need more monitoring than SEO, but is easily scalable and you get results in a couple of hours.

TilenKrivec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 08:23 AM   #27
Spradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilenKrivec View Post
where people argue which is better. Its like trying to figure out if peanut butter is better than jelly. I don't care, i'll have both!
That made me smile.
I cant agree with you more.

Old 7th March 2011, 03:26 PM   #28
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Seo & ppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilenKrivec View Post
Both. Always.

SEO and PPC are not mutually exclusive

I cringe every time i see this ppc vs seo debate, where people argue which is better. Its like trying to figure out if peanut butter is better than jelly. I don't care, i'll have both!
SEO and PPC has to be separated, thats why the combined peanut butter and jelly concept didnt fly.

The real argument is both are very different in their workings, but on the surface they show up in the same place - in SERP results. One is at the top and down the side PPC and one is in the middle - Organic.

The workings on getting to the front page for SEO & PPC is very, very different. You can put a ton of work into SEO, calculated effort, time writing, and setting up your page - and BAM you see your results, your getting FREE Traffic - alright that was awesome.

You put up an ad, you get your keywords, you bid and write a compelling ad, BAM your at the top, your paying, but your getting results.

I know its more complicated, time consuming than this, but the reality is NOTHING is free. Those organic clicks, cost you alot of time & effort. You could be ranked #1 today after months of work and tommorow WHAM your out - ask those affected by Google's latest algorythym change.

PPC is different and as long as your paying your staying.

So where peanut butter and jelly is a nice try at an analogy, it's just not that simple!

Old 22nd March 2011, 06:03 AM   #29
obama5493

Quote:
Originally Posted by roof cleaning View Post
We only used PPC here in Tampa when we had zero Internet Sites. Make a Merchant Circle Page, they are free, and rank highly here in Tampa, probably in your town too.
I think SpencerPowell is right. PPC has its own benefits. But i doubt whether PPC traffic may result into conversions and lead generations.

obama5493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 05:19 PM   #30
FireUps
VIP Contributor

Default SEO with PPC to be successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylew View Post
You have to combine SEO with PPC to be successful, to keep a constant flow of traffic you have to have PPC, otherwise all your eggs are in the SERP basket and you could be one new algorythum change away from no traffic.
I use PPC to define the action keywords and redesign the site around the data collected from the paid traffic. This takes out the guess work.

Plus if you are tracking your sales then you know exactly how to scale your business based on knowing what triggers the sale.

You also have to optimize your Google Places/Local Listings pages as well now just like you optimize your webpages.

FireUps is offline   Reply With Quote