Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th May 2010, 03:47 AM   #11
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Gods only knows why you have not got any success with Google Adwords. It is completely a result driven marketing campaign. However, the success or the failure of a Google Adword Campaign is intrinsically interlinked with the concept of landing page optimization. You need to make the landing page as interesting and as engaging as possible.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:04 AM   #12
Sahan Asad

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahan Asad

Hi Saturntech122,

The first thing I will say is ALWAYS have a fix daily budget that you willing to spend. You could get your finger burnt if you are in experience.

Adwords work as I use to promote Direct-line Holiday (number 1 holiday site in Uk).

At present I am about to launch my wife site and using Adwords to find high impression and high CTR keyword to use for the site. This is the best way to find keywords for your site.

Adword is a massive subject that you need to take your time learning.

Sahan Asad

Sahan Asad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:32 AM   #13
evicta

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturntech122 View Post
I am intrigued by adwords to help spurn some traffic to my sites, I have seen the testimonials, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any personal sucess you can directly attribute to an adwords campaign? Im new to online advertising so any other sugesstions would be beneficial, thanks in advance!
I've been using Adwords for years for two of the places I've worked at. Adwords is very robust in that it gives you a lot of flexibility for targeting a specific keyword which you have not ranked for or the word is too competitive. Depending on what words you're targeting, its quicker to get your site seen with Adwords than having to wait for your site to show up organically.

Maintaining a daily budget is a must because you can get very easily carried away with this. It's like splurging; if you're not careful, you can burn a hole in your wallet. With that being said, you should use it, try it out. Heck, Google is giving you $100 credit to try it.

Check out Adwords for small businesses
http://www.google.com/awexpress/

evicta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 09:25 PM   #14
dancorkill

Send a message via Skype™ to dancorkill

Adwords is a great marketing channel. It's one those things though that many small businesses spend a few hours on, a few hundred dollars and think it doesn't work.

You need to make it work. Which means writing good ads, choosing good keywords, landing page optimization, closing sales when they call etc. Sound hard, good that's what your competitors are thinking as well.

BTW I have some free adwords coupons if anyone wants one PM me or just google search pretty easy to find around the web.

Old 27th September 2011, 08:59 PM   #15
numeric

Hi saturn, in using the google adword external tool,

input the word that you want to use.

Then after the search engine does its job, choose the adword or set of adword that has high search but low competition.

You'll have a better chance of ranking up with this combination.

Hope it helps.

-Eric

numeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 04:53 PM   #16
IsaacB

Question bouncing is bad, amirite?

found something interesting...
I use started using google analytics to watch traffic sources, and one's that came from adwords had some really bizarre sources. Someone had searched (googled) a name that was no where on the site, and somehow got adword linked to the site through that, and charged for it.
of course the traffic bounced, the site has 0 relevant content to that name -.-
so basicly being charged to decrease relevance.

IsaacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 04:59 AM   #17
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

I am thinking of using Google ads too

Chris
Owner Cel Financial Services

chrismarklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:51 AM   #18
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
one's that came from adwords had some really bizarre sources. Someone had searched (googled) a name that was no where on the site, and somehow got adword linked to the site through that, and charged for it.
Before running a campaign consider closely the settings. I usually run a campaign distributed to Google search only (not third party search or content sites), United States only, and then most importantly I will use "phrase" or [exact] matching for my keywords.

If you don't your ads will be distributed on smaller search engines and adsense websites (strange sources) and the keywords will be broadly matched based on Google Adwords algorithm (keywords not closely related).

Old 3rd October 2011, 01:46 PM   #19
IsaacB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Before running a campaign consider closely the settings. I usually run a campaign distributed to Google search only (not third party search or content sites), United States only, and then most importantly I will use "phrase" or [exact] matching for my keywords.

If you don't your ads will be distributed on smaller search engines and adsense websites (strange sources) and the keywords will be broadly matched based on Google Adwords algorithm (keywords not closely related).
that makes a lot of sense. The name is related to taxes, and its a tax loan site... but the name is no where on the site. so the people who set it up must have broad settings. There seems to be that trend tho, that several random names were googled, and their getting charged for the traffic.

IsaacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 07:06 PM   #20
jamesws

Google PPC is head and shoulders above Yahoo or Bing PPC. They give you far more control over your ads and costs. However, this control means a more complex solution. I would advise using a professional service to get set up so as to avoid making mistakes that may cost you money.

FB

jamesws is offline   Reply With Quote