Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2010, 02:00 PM   #31
lilybiz

Thank you for these tips. I will try them asap.

Lily

lilybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:00 PM   #32
championpicks

How can we earn from that?
What is the usual budget for PPC?

championpicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 03:52 PM   #33
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by championpicks View Post
How can we earn from that?
What is the usual budget for PPC?
If your question is how can we "earn" or "learn" from this you need to start from the start of this thread. You will earn commensurate with how much you learn from this post and managing your adwords account.

I dont know what an usual budget is for PPC but my daily budget is $36,000 per day in AdWords. Now my spend is one percent of that amount. I earn $4 for every $1 I spend on Adwords. But dont try putting a daily budget of $36,000 until your adwords account is refined and your earning more than your spending. Otherwise you will max out the Credit Card and be out of business quick.

This thread will explain how not to get into that trouble.

Old 21st July 2010, 06:58 PM   #34
championpicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylew View Post
If your question is how can we "earn" or "learn" from this you need to start from the start of this thread. You will earn commensurate with how much you learn from this post and managing your adwords account.

I dont know what an usual budget is for PPC but my daily budget is $36,000 per day in AdWords. Now my spend is one percent of that amount. I earn $4 for every $1 I spend on Adwords. But dont try putting a daily budget of $36,000 until your adwords account is refined and your earning more than your spending. Otherwise you will max out the Credit Card and be out of business quick.

This thread will explain how not to get into that trouble.
Thanks, that's a quite idea you gave....thanks, i'll take note on that....

championpicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 10:39 AM   #35
Beth_SC

Send a message via Yahoo to Beth_SC

I've not had much luck with adwords. I read somewhere, and I can't remember exactly where the article was now, but what it said was, for businesses with a longer sales cycle adwords doesn't work well. It seems most people that click through and end up buying are going to make an impluse buy or it is a product / service, (say an a/c repair man because it's 105 out and your a/c died) they need right that minute. If, on the other hand, your service is something that isn't an immediate need and the sales cycle includes face to face meetings or phone calls it's less likely adwords will work for you.

I fall into the long sales cycle end of things and I have found the above to be true.

I'd be curious to hear what other people's experience has been.

All best,

Beth

Beth_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 04:21 PM   #36
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Beth, Your source is absolutley WRONG!

Adwords works for companies that have short (impulse) to long (large) purchase cycles. I have even used Google Adwords for a company that did not even have a website to help them start a floor covering service to help them with what words people would repsond to. They used that information for their company name and advertising literature.

Now back to your situation. Google adwords will get traffic to your site, NOW its up to you to get that traffic to respond. Even businesses with short impulse type products will not convert if the website turns off the visitor.

For your situation, if you have a larger price point, your going to have to be a better salesman than your competition. Once you get that visitor to your site via Adwords, now its up to you and up to your site to get that desired action. Is it an email and / or a phone number for you to follow up? If so make the site designed in a way that it is painless, trust worthy and desireable for the visitor to leave this critical piece of information.

Your right, if they click your ad, and leave your site and never leave any follow up info. Your wasting money BIG time! Your job is to make it inticing enough for them to want to leave you their information.

Do you convey that your an expert? Do you offer something in return for thier information? Do you follow up quickly? and MOST important do you have the ability to close the deal? Answering NO or I Dont know to any of these questions and I would not only pull the plug on Adwords I would stop what I was doing and correct my sales process before going any further.

Old 5th August 2010, 06:26 PM   #37
Logan
Administrator

I agree, Johnny. I have several clients with products that typically have long lead times. If you are running adwords trying to complete a sale with this sort of scenario, then you are going to run into difficulty. I create my landing page, with these types of sites, so that I am not trying to complete the sale but capture the lead.

Selling a concert ticket versus something like a swimming pool are two different things when it comes to how you approach adwords. My experience is, Adwords can work for both but your website must be designed in a way that factors this in.

Is your goal leads or sales? If it is leads, use your contact form to qualify the sale and capture the leads as easily as possible from the visitors perspective. My landing page frequently has the contact form right on the page, when it comes to selling something that has a long lead time.

Old 9th August 2010, 12:09 AM   #38
Henry_Jakson

Default My Adword Experiment

I quickly learned that, as an affiliate, I canít use Google Ad words to link directly to the sponsor. Most sponsors require the affiliate to link to their own website first.
Oh that is crazy. Whatís a guy got to do to make a few easy millions around here anyway?
Thanks! For sharing your experience

Henry_Jakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 09:40 AM   #39
johnnylew
VIP Contributor

Default Henry !!!

Let me know when you figure out the quick million question. I am doing it the hard way through retailing merchandise at johnnylew.com. I cant help you with the way adwords handles affiliate business.

take care!