Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2012, 07:10 AM   #1
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
Exclamation How To Generate Leads From Facebook

Hi Friends,

Facebook if used smartly can prove to be very helpful as it makes lead generation very easy. So for all you marketers and business owners not taking advantage of a possible Facebook presence, which will further lead you to maximum lead generation campaigns, we’ve gathered a few very helpful tips that will for sure help you to start milking this social media site for more of its worth.Here is How to Generate Leads From Facebook. A very recent development is that now the users don’t need to leave the website in order for them to complete a conversion form and then become a lead, because Facebook provides you with an easy conversion opportunity from your Facebook fan page without making you leave. HubSpot recently launched a HubSpot Welcome application for Facebook. This app is a perfect example of what I discussed above. You can even Add Live Chat to Website, because Website Live Support allows you to proactively talk to your website visitors and convert them into customers. Exactly what we all need.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th May 2012, 06:34 AM   #2
rachelmorgan

Smile

Facebook is becoming popular among various business related community. So it is a great resource for branding your business. Following the right people or the group/community on Facebook is the key. The first thing you need to figure out is who to follow. This, more than anything else, will determine how useful Facebook becomes for you.

rachelmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:11 AM   #3
enterprisepe

Also it can be very effective by offering something in exchange for likes e.g. professional advice/information or even product freebies.

enterprisepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 04:25 PM   #4
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprisepe View Post
Also it can be very effective by offering something in exchange for likes e.g. professional advice/information or even product freebies.
Agree, great leads usually comes from this. As the interested persons indulge themselves to the product freebies and wanting to know some information about your product with that you are greatly assured that they are somehow a potential client for your site.

Old 17th May 2012, 07:04 PM   #5
GMT

I've read many large companies are struggling with Facebook, namely GM just pull their ads because a lot of the facebook crowd aren't interested in buying stuff, they're interested in games, drama, stalking etc...so short of building relations with users that you know are targeted(say making money groups/crowd) then it might be a tough sell. Granted if you get a following an d direct them to your websites with adsense or similar can make money off that pretty easy.

GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Jim Collins

Although a great idea, I still haven't heard anyone who has actually had success with leads from facebook.

Has anyone here successfully pulled a lead from it? Just curious.

Jim Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 08:20 PM   #7
MonteMLMCoach

Smile

I totally agree with rachelmorgan when she said to follow people. By doing so, they in turn (hopefully) will follow you. It's also best to give helpful marketing advice within your niche.

@Jim Collins, give people value that they can use and they will keep up to date with your posts. My best day getting leads from Facebook was about 15.
These were done without PPC (pay per click) ads.

MonteMLMCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Jim Collins

I will definitely look further into the "attractiveness" of my post, in which I put serious thoughts

I usually show new exiting products and colors, with a positive message, unlike my last one here

I think it also depends a bit upon the type of business. Building material are not usually referred as trendy and cool, therefore exciting enough to follow.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jim Collins; 25th May 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Jim Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 01:53 PM   #9
SmartBizBlog

It was mentioned above; but facebook is not really a selling platform. Good 'ol Mark tried to convince advertises that FB ads work; but the reality is - they don't.

Facebook is a great marketing platform - but don't expect it to convert to sales. Spread the word about yourself; allow people to interact with you - but if sales are your main priority, I doubt you'll succeed on FB.

The site I run relies on social networking - and because I don't sell anything; I only offer free services - my response has been great so far. The key is interaction and constantly (without being a nuisance) engaging with your audience.

Simply going through your followers posts and "liking" them puts you back on their radar & might bring them back to your page or site for another look.

SmartBizBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:42 AM   #10
ecapsnet

Send a message via Skype™ to ecapsnet

Smile

I'm agree, quality leads comes from facebook. Still I have few points to discuss, if implemented, then can be effective.

>>> Make Your Facebook Fan Page Unique !!

# Design a different and unique facebook graphics.
# Try to update status which the fans do not get somewhere else.
# Post unique and use different variety of images and tag the friend on them.
# When someone visits the page first time, make sure that he would visit next few times too.
# Interact with your facebook fans, do reply of their queries
# Find ways to invite and reward interaction from fans.

Thank you

ecapsnet is offline   Reply With Quote