Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th May 2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Sahan Asad

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahan Asad
Thumbs up Part 1 - Internet Marketing – Where Shall I START?

Hmmm…Shall we start with PPC or maybe Article marketing or learn how to create website, on page SEO, off page SEO, Video Marketing, Forums, Building a List, Social Network…etc

Wow now that is over whelming for anybody new or intermediate to Internet marketing world. I no I use to be.

I started with Affiliate Marketing when I was just 20 years old. That’s was 13 years ago when I received through my post 2 sheets of A4 paper. I still have theses papers!

Unfortunately I was too young and had too many distraction (mainly partying & girls) to take up this fantastic opportunity at the time before the Internet Marketing world exploded.

I made many mistakes; my learning curve was on and off, trying to learn every think and not taking any ACTION. I didn’t no where to start from, I was feeling information overload.

When I did start to take action, I forgot the past things I learnt, doh. Therefore I ended up going through thousands of notes I made and kept repeating this cycle over again until it hit me...

Why don’t I just learn a few steps and then take action. Then repeat till I actually finish my task. It’s easy to say then doing it.

Oh please stop reading emails from all the gurus selling their next best thing to make your life easier and make you rich quick. It won’t happen; you’ll keep getting distracted and go through the cycle over and over again if you are anything like me.

I have seen theses gurus become rich while I got left behind which is no fault of there’s. It’s my fault not taking enough action and not completing my task to the end.

I no there are a lot of you guys like me and my mission is to get you all succeed from this frustration.

We are all here to make money; there are enough fishes in the sea for all of us to succeed. The Internet is massive.

I didn’t have enough discipline to make money for myself so I decided to work for companies who needed my services.

Internet marketing is my passion; there was no way I was going to pack it up. Even though I was not making money but kept on making a whole in my pocket by purchasing the next best thing.

Therefore I took radical measures, I new there were jobs available for SEO and PPC.

I managed to work for Direct-line Holidays as PPC Consultant spending 6 figures sum a month on Google Adwords. (They are the number 1 holiday website in UK while I was there). This was a massive eye opener.

I also worked for i-Level, number 3 Internet Marketing Company in UK near Oxford Street as an SEO Consultant. I have done keyword research and link building for Orange Mobile Phone, Love Films and many more credible companies.

Working for such companies force me take action and I gained great experience. Then I thought why I am making money for them and not for myself.

Now days I promote many high quality products via PPC and SEO that I would personally buy.

In part 2, I will suggest you the easiest steps to get you started in this beautiful Internet Marketing world with just ONE WEB PAGE which gives you a monthly residual income.

Kindest
Sahan Asad

Sahan Asad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th May 2010, 07:33 AM   #2
ricky028

Informative read. Thanks for sharing with us.
I would like to know whether it worth our money to use PPC for a keyword for which we are already ranking with top 5.

Old 28th May 2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Sahan Asad

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahan Asad

Depending on the profit margin of your product. Check out how much is cpc to get in the 3 rd position which is where I get my most conversions.

PPC is all about testing AND TESTING!

Sahan Asad is offline   Reply With Quote