Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Derisso

Default PPC As A Primary Way To Earn Online

How much do you earn on Pay per click systems in a month? This may be the main earnings on the site?

I want to make a site specifically for the system of PPC. What are the keywords the highest bids and which PPC system is better to choose?

Who can say? Thank you!

Derisso is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th March 2010, 11:53 PM   #2
HCPMarketer

Send a message via MSN to HCPMarketer

Hi not too sure how much you can make with affiliate programs but I would like to suggest something about your site. If you are going to load it up with ads make them quick to load (nothing flashing or animated) and put at least twice as much content of interest to your viewers as you put ads. If I open a page that I found in search engine and it doesn't have what I'm looking for (a recipe for green bean casserole for instance) I close it. I am not interested in ads for chili and garden trowels. Make sure that you choose your keywords very carefully and base them on the content not the ads.

Make the whole site informational and have a good theme. If you were targeting teens with your ads you might do a historical site that high school and college students could use to find info for school papers etc. Keywords: homework, history, WWII etc. ads for video games, itunes, college scholarships, etc.

Hope this helps some.
Pam

HCPMarketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:31 AM   #3
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

I dont think earning with ppc gives me money that much but I'm trying to be innovative of how to increase revenues lol.

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 06:00 AM   #4
johnspells

As per my point of view for Pay-Per-Click campaigns, such as Google adwords, using top keywords for your ads – this may be benefited. Paying towards top keywords will yield you good results though competition for these is already high. You can also o for long tail keywords that are more likely to yield specific results. I think Pay Per Click is trial and error, especially if you are new. Then be careful how much you bid at first,find out what keywords convert in your niche after a test run so you know what works and what doesn't.Try out several pay per click services and see which one works best for you. Yes it is the low cost way of marketing.

johnspells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 02:56 AM   #5
Plumberli

Yea google adsense is a good source of income for many webmasters. If you have a quality website /blog with decent traffic you can try google adsense.

Plumberli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:52 PM   #6
HomeBusinessMan

Default How many keywords in PPC

I have read and tried the different schools of thought on how many keywords to use for Adwords Pay per clicks. Some information I have read suggests trying to get as many keywords as possible, like in hundreds. Other things I have read suggested only using around 20 keywords. What really works? Does too many keywords spread you too thin? Does too few shorten your audience too much? Maybe it's something in the middle.

HomeBusinessMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 11:18 AM   #7
PTF

HomBusinessMan, it's not how many keywords you have, it's how you organise them.

Google's all about relevance, so as long as you keep your keywords in really focused groups (ad groups) you can have as many as you like.

Here's a for example... I just took on a client who deals with fire safety (alarms, inspections, extinguishers...). They had a single campaign, with one ad group and around 150 keywords, covering everything to do with everything they do.

We paused everything (I don't often do that!), and created 3 campaigns to start testing (same as above, Alarms, Extinguishers, Safety Inspections), then subdivided into smaller ad groups. Now, each group of keywords is reflected as closely as possible by the wording of the ads (ie if you search for fire extinguisher you can't trigger an ad for smoke alarms), and performance is clawing its way back up. Plus, we get the benefit of being able to send people right to the page they want, rather than everyone getting dumped on the homepage.

Old 13th April 2010, 02:20 PM   #8
opensource12

PPC´S are a very huge scam, you wait eternally for money that is never going to come.

opensource12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:28 AM   #9
BrittMalka

Smile

I've made my living from money online for many years, now, and my main income derives from PPC (AdSense). (As a sitenote - I've never had to wait for my payment.)

My main site makes about 90% (at least) of my total PPC income, and I've never speculated in high paying keywords. I've just written the content, article for article, and I've tried to make the headlines as appalling as possible.

Of course, I've put an effort into making the URL's right, to format the ads most effecient, to blend them in with the content, etc.

And then I've taken care of sending traffic to the site.

Old 22nd April 2010, 09:55 AM   #10
bradmarcus

Send a message via Skype™ to bradmarcus

I have found that AdSense is a waste of time and effort. It drains your site of visitors that you work hard to get. For the few dollars a month I've earned, I put my efforts into SEO and true Pay-Per-Click advertising with Google and have done much better. Also, those AdSense ads scream of amateurism. If you want to try to make money by selling other company's goods, find a good affiliate program.

bradmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote