Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st May 2012, 11:52 AM   #1
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Default Rel=author Tag (Google Authorship)

Does Your Blog have those tags?

Google Authorship makes some great identification for the blog owner. I actually have this rel=author tag in my blog (here: http://santamonicalawyers.wordpress.com/). And whenever you search my blog in Google you will see that the authorship of it is mine.

You can raise your questions about it here.

I will try my best to give the best answer.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th June 2012, 04:29 PM   #2
galoor

It's a pretty good idea, although I'm not sure it truly adds any trust at this point. I've seen plenty of low quality sites utilizing it. With that being said, I've added the functionality to my site, although I haven't been using it myself.

Old 27th September 2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Matt121

The rel=author tag is just a way for people (and Google) to pinpoint original articles from duplicate ones. So far, I think it doesn't have any major upbringings in the realm of SEO. You will just have your Google+ picture right beside your Google snippet.

Old 20th June 2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Babiesbase

Default Auth tag

Well - I think that is changing and Matt Cutts from the Google spam team has made comments to that effect.

It only takes a couple of minutes to set up, so if you author your own content, you might as well use it.

Babiesbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Wayne Liew

Send a message via Skype™ to Wayne Liew

The impact that this has on the performance of organic search traffic may be minimal for now other than a likely improvement of CTR because having a colored profile image of yourself in the search results actually helps your listing to stand out among the rest.

I can see how authorship can play a more important role in search engine optimization in the future. Google can use it to determine the authority that an author has by looking at his number of connections and the quality of connections. This could then be used as part of Google's many signals in ranking search results.

Old 4th July 2013, 09:18 AM   #6
semaphore.v
VIP Contributor

Default re

I think google start this Rel=author because end user easily interact with blog owners and G+ user will increase..the other way Itís definitely effect on CTR..