Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th May 2009, 04:55 AM   #1
sanjalee

Default Forum Links?

Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

sanjalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th May 2009, 07:21 AM   #2
scottlpool2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjalee View Post
Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?
I think it's a great idea, it should be quality over quantity.

scottlpool2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 02:10 AM   #3
janicejan

I got confused over what you are trying to say, how can we make forum links as quality links? it really doesn't make any sense for me.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 06:32 AM   #4
vincentchan

Can you please explain why that will create higher quality links? I don't think that will work.

vincentchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 01:36 PM   #5
thomas09

Hi,

yep... It would be better if you can explain in brief.

thomas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 07:39 PM   #6
thesayregroup

I get what you are saying but the way Google indexes links in forums is differently than in content for websites. So for instance no matter if the page is PR5 you are not going to get the same PR juice and value out of it the same way if you were hyperlinked in an article. It can never hurt though if you can keep the page indexed and build some links to it.

thesayregroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 05:03 AM   #7
ghusa

Well we got it what are you saying ... And yes if you can make good thread (like good post on your own blog)* Then people will take interest on your thread and in your signature link ... But with this you can just get some extra traffic , and search enigne Will give attention to your link just like they others , it'll not convert your signature link to a quality link ...

ghusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 07:51 AM   #8
Roof Repair FL

When the forums started its not for getting links, forums created for the discussion and business purpose but now most people using forums for getting backlinks.

Roof Repair FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 08:22 AM   #9
JasonOne

My experience is that forum signatures work very well, provided the ‘no follow’ isn’t set. I also make sure that I start threads related to my major keywords so that when search engines crawl my forum profile pages they see my website URL, and threads that I’ve started with all of my keywords on page. Definitely helps with SERPs.

JasonOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 11:51 PM   #10
john86

I think forum gives good backlinks if you work with your niche related forum sure you got baclinks.

john86 is offline   Reply With Quote